failing my exams

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

failing my exams

Postby kirstyjo » Sun May 04, 2003 1:32 pm

Im 17 years old, and im doin my a-levels in computing, I.T and Spanish.I've neva been known as a swot, but i've always done well in my exams, in fact since i can remember i've neva actually failed an exam. in school i got 10 GCSE's, but now i'm at college, things just seem to be falling apart. I'm always feeling stressed out (which is really unlike me), My I.T and Computing is going great, and theres no problem, but when it comes to Spanish, Im failing dramatically.

It's just too hard, i've spoken to my tutor, who hasnt really told me much, and my mum, who just thinks im worrying over nothing, and that its completely normal, she's wrong. My boyfriend is brlliant, but doesn't seem to understand how important this is to me.

Personally it wouldn't bother me, as it's not a subject i need to do well in, for my chosen career. But because of how well my grades have always been, im really worried of what my friends n family r going to think of me (inc my bf). It's really stressing me out, im not sleeping, i cant think about anything else, and im worried that when it comes to actually doin the exams, its goin to affect my other subjects.
kirstyjo
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Aldo » Sun May 04, 2003 2:20 pm

yeah I know what your saying, everyone has this impression of a grade A student you are and failing would be a big disappointment for them. Listen, just don't worry about what they think. I know its hard but I am sure none of them cares if you get 40% or 99% a pass is a pass. You sound like your confident and maybe it is a good thing for you struggling a bit with your spanish subject. It would be more of a challenge and when you get your result..and I am sure it will be a pass...you will feel as if you earned it even more than the rest of your subjects. Its easy to be confident at things your good at but you need to work on your weaknesses. Try to learn from this.

All the best! I have failed tests before and people never expected that from me, I was annoyed at myself and I just worked even harder.
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby issues » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:35 am

Hi
I am doin my A levels at the moment!!
They are a big jump in level from GCSE!
especially languages, not many people get high grades in them and at A level a D is seen as the same as a C at GCSE for still bein a high grade!
:P :)
issues
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Mental wellbeing