Can things get any worse? oh i think they can?

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Can things get any worse? oh i think they can?

Postby girl-vixen19 » Sat May 10, 2003 1:27 pm

Hey guys i' a new gal ere but i'm hoping someone could plz help me? i recently split up with my boyfriend, we were togther for over 3 years and we also live with one another which makes it even harder! esp seeing him everyday and lying next to him at nights! See a year ago i became very ill and i'm on loadz of tablets which make me into a walking talking zombie! at first he was fantanstic,supportive and very loving but i knew i was getting worse and i saw how much it was hurting him...so me being me i pushed him away all the time.He still remained so supportive and i relyed on him so much! He was my Rock! Anyhow he got sick of me and the whole ordeal and changed, i try to explain things to him but he didn't care,he became so cruel and nasty,swearing and humilating me in public! Putting me down etc I put up with it because he kept telling me i made him this way and it was my turn to put up with everthing! So i did!
He decided was moving out and there is nothing i can do to stop that from happening, i know it's all my fault,i tried to make it up to him all the time but he is so not interested. I also had to give up my course 3 months from qualifying which was another blow and i hardly get oot with my mates!
I'm signed off drom my doctor so i have nothing to do! So i think things over and over, i cry nearly everyday, i feel sick knowing i've lost a guy who was once a great person!
Because of my illness,feeling terrible i don't know if i have the strength to pick myself up from this break-up.
:cry: plz help?
girl-vixen19
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Jo » Sun May 11, 2003 11:15 am

Hi girl-vixen19

You will pick yourself up from this but as with any break up its going to take time. Your difficulty is that you are recovering from a mental health problem at the same time, which is an ordeal in itself.

Have you got any other support systems around you? Family, friends? Support groups? You need to start thinking about this while you are feeling strong(ish), so that if you start to feel a bit shakey you have somewhere to turn.

It sounds as though the caring role that your boyfriend will have been thrown into has taken its toll on the relationship. As you know it can be extremely hard for the 'carer' when a close friend or relative develops a mental illness. Maybe the relationship isn't completely dead and he just needs time to recover?

Having said that my main worry is for you, not the relationship. You need to rest in order to get strong enough to rebuild your life. You will do it. Don't be afraid to ask for help - look around to see what support systems you can tap into in your area. You don't need to use them all but it will help to know what is there should you need it.

I think the main thing is to recognise that it is going to take time to get back on your feet and its not going to be easy, but that you CAN do it with a bit of help. Be kind to yourself, believe in yourself.
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

thanx!

Postby girl-vixen19 » Sun May 11, 2003 4:42 pm

Hey Jo! thank you for your reply,lucky for me i have a great mum and some good mates,who do there best and thats all i ask for.But sometimes i feel like i will push them away too! So i try not to rely on them so much either. But there are support groups within my area,you never know it might be better talking to someone who isn't quite involved.
KEEP SMILING :D
Thanks again
girl-vixen19
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Mental wellbeing