Lots of everything..

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Lots of everything..

Postby KatieCrunch » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:30 pm

Ok, I worry a lot. I worry about stuff that probably isn't even going to happen. Like that Volcano that could erupt and engulf the earth. I worried for a whole week about my ceiling caving in on me in my sleep and spiders getting in my ears... and laying eggs. I also get really hung up on stuff. I get really guilty and feel sick and loose sleep. I pace a lot too.
Once I thought I was going to die in my sleep so I wrote my parents a note. I found it in the morning and was ... horrified. I used to think someone was watching me. Which sounds odd. I went to town the other day and it felt like everyone was looking at me. I'm also really paranoid, I think that everyone is talking about me. I count the pavement aswell. Up to ten. Odd numbers on the large tiles. Even numbers on the small. Does everyone have these sort of things? If you can help me, great! But if you can't I'm happy just to vent. K x
KatieCrunch
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Lots of everything..

Postby snail » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:13 am

Hi Katie

It sounds like you're suffering from extreme anxiety, and this is causing the normal fears (that everyone) has to spiral out of control in your case. It's also causing you to show compulsive behaviour (like counting pavement tiles) because these sorts of things help a very anxious person feel less anxious. How old are you, and is there a reason you might be so anxious at the moment? Can you talk to your doctor or your parents about it? In the meantime: when you think of something frightening (like the ceiling caving in) remember most people would have that thought, and would feel strong enough to dismiss it. The thought is 'sticking' in your mind because you feel anxious and vulnerable, and even though you know it has no foundation, you can't dismiss it. Then, because every time you think of it you feel frightened, it seems even more powerful and important. What I mean is, because it frightens you, you feel as though there MUST be some kind of good reason for your fear. That makes the thought 'stick' even more.

Try to hold on to the fact: your thoughts are just inside your head, they can't affect the outside world. Whatever you think about the ceiling, it won't be any more or less likely to cave in. Acknowledge your fears, but try not to pay too much attention to them. And then think about seeking some help for your anxiety.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:14 am

I agree with snail.

I also count floor tiles or what ever - it's not something I do all the time or something I do a lot - I just do it when I'm out and about and my mind wonders. I also count stairs. I however purely do it because I like numbers. I'll do it; realise I'm doing it and stop.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:55 pm

if you take drugs regualry this will make any paranoid thoughts worse
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby KatieCrunch » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:44 pm

I'm only 13 so I don't take drugs.
KatieCrunch
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby snail » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:25 am

That's good to hear, Katie.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:37 pm

oh good then i agrre with snail
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate