Getting my head clear

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Getting my head clear

Postby snail » Wed May 27, 2009 10:20 am

Brilliant! That was quick. Please do make that appointment.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cheekymonkey » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Hiya all am back!!

Well i never went to see anyone cause i was thinking i was gettin over it, Guess what it seems to have all come back.

I really cant seem to get this lad out of my head and this poor lad, I believe did nothing to me, Just a drunken kiss, but when am drunk i really cant be bothered with that sort of stuff. I know he tried it on with me but i took his hand and put it near him and rolled over and went to sleep, I remember wakin up in the middle of the night cause my ex boyfriend txt me, i then fell back alseep!! If he did something to me i would of knew then.
I DO BELIEVE NOTHING HAPPEN BUT MY STUPID BRAIN KEEPS TELLING ME SOMETHING DID. The evidence is rather clear....
:- I woke up with my knicker in
:- I had a tampon in
:- I never felt anything, Am not that sexually active and i still hurts sometimes
:- something some people will laugh, Surely i would of remember his wally!!!!

See i can laugh and it was only a year after it happened when i started feelin awful about it!!

sausage stupid brain!! Please swop someone!!!
cheekymonkey
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Jo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:56 pm

Hey Cheekymonkey - would you consider going back to your doctor to ask for another appointment? It sounds as though this is something that you need to learn how to cope with - even if you can't stop the thoughts from coming back there are ways of dealing with them. Also, I'm no expert but as others have said it's hard not to link your feelings about this with the abuse you suffered as a child.

I know people have already mentioned obsessive compulsive disorder, but what you have said reminds me of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It could be that you are suffering a kind of PTSD as a result of what happened to you as a child, so this is causing you to overreact to what happened with this guy. It could really help to talk this through with someone who has experienced the same kind of thing.

There are quite a few helplines you can phone to talk to someone - just to get the view of somebody who understands the issues involved - this in itself could help you to straighten things out in your mind. See below for some details of helpful organisations...

The National Association for People Abused in Childhood
Freephone Support Line: 0800 085 3330
http://www.napac.org.uk

Family Matters
Counselling service for children and adult survivors of sexual abuse and rape
Helpline: 01474 537 392
http://www.familymattersuk.org

CIS'ters
Tel: 023 8033 8080
Support services for adult female survivors of childhood sexual abuse, including a weekly helpline. Signposting to other organisations. Outside helpline hours leave a message on answerphone.

Telephone Helplines Association
This is a link to their 'Rape and Sexual Abuse' category - there are national and local numbers so there could be an organisation in your area.
http://telephonehelplines.conscia.co.uk ... &tlid=1553

P.S. - Even if something had happened with this guy that would not make you a bad person!
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby cheekymonkey » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 pm

How lovely are you all.

All this information helps, I really wanna sort it out myself. I wanna be proud of myself for clearing my brain.

I have the most amazing boyfriend and i feel i cant enjoy him cause of this.

I am so stupid. I dont need this and either does anyone else.

Can anyone give me any other ideas apart from the doctors which could help me get over it??

Thank you for all been so lovely.
:D
cheekymonkey
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:18 pm

I think Jo has suggested some good ones already, have you tried any of them?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Previous

Return to Mental wellbeing