Moods - Short term help

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Moods - Short term help

Postby rufio89 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:27 am

Hi,

I've been really struggling with my moods lately. I've started seeing this counsellor, so I am trying to get things back on track, but lately, I feel like I'm struggling to just make it through the day. Like today, it just seems an endless time until I can get home, and curl up. It feels like all I want to do is sleep and cry.

I am getting things sorted out, but I was wondering if anyone could offer me any short-term advice just to make getting through the days easier, I just feel like I need to just cheer up, for the day and then it'll be ok, but I dunno, agh I just have this really heavy feeling :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Moods - Short term help

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:05 am

What you need is some time off. I was feeling a bit like that and I had a week off work last week; I did plenty of things but I didn't go on holiday or anything but I felt so much better coming back to work and in myself since then. We also have that nice long Easter weekend coming up which might be what you need.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:46 am

or some sunshine. I think that always help
would a short break somewhere warm be a possibility
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:47 am

Unfortunatly not, I dont have any money, am very broke this month. I could take some time off, but I feel like I should hold on to my holidays incase I want to use it later in the year, but maybe that's being silly. I dont know :(

I just feel like theres a huge weight on me, and I just want to go home and go to sleep, and not have to wake up for a few weeks.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:52 am

well i know they say you must get out and get some sunshine to boost vit d which helps promote healhty wellbeing, I know we don't always have sunshine in this country but exercise is suppossed to be good for mood too. Try taking a walk each day for half an hour, preferably when the sun is out
It is suppossed to be out later today 8)

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:53 am

I know it's easier said than done, but you need to concentrate on the good, positive things in your life. Concentrate on the things that make you happy.

Also, give yourself something to look forward to, it could be something as simple as a trip out somewhere for the day with your boyfriend/friends at the weekend. It doesn't have to be anything expensive, could just be a trip to the beach or something.

Lastly, stay as busy as you can, if you're just sat around you'll be more likely to over-analyse things and wallow in how rubbish you feel. Being busy distracts your mind.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:57 am

RagDoll wrote:Also, give yourself something to look forward to, it could be something as simple as a trip out somewhere for the day with your boyfriend/friends at the weekend. It doesn't have to be anything expensive, could just be a trip to the beach or something.

That is what I meant by taking time off work. Just take a Thursday and Friday off - you are still keeping some holidays that way
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:09 pm

Yeah, I mean thats one reason I feel so silly - I've got loads of stuff to look forward to; I'm going out for my birthday tomorrow, I'm going to a wedding next weekend, we're going to paris in a few weeks, then we're going to devon.

But I just cant seem to CARE about any of it. I dont want to be at work, but to be honest I dont think I'd feel any happier if I was at home. I know it sounds like I'm wallowing in self pity, but I just dont know how to shift myself out of it.

agrh.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Is there nothing you can do when you get home to cheer yourself up? Even something very simple that just feels like a treat/comforting? Could be a nice take-out, or dinner with your boyfriend/a friend, have a nice glass of wine, watch a film you love/read a good book... just something that you enjoy to take your mind off things. I always go clothes shopping when I feel down, which is probably why I never have money haha.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:44 pm

I think that's one of the problems - that the silly things that usually cheer me up are going out for dinner, buying clothes, even just curling up with a dvd and a takeaway, and I just cant afford to do any of them, I've got £50 to last me the next 3 weeks :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 pm

So have a night in with a DVD and a cheap bottle of wine...:)
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:11 am

Im even worse today :(

I barely slept, I kept waking up in a panic, and today I still have the horrible feeling, only today Im feeling incredibly anxious as well and I'm visibly shaking. I dont know how to calm it down, I dont know what to do :(

I just feel like an absolute nervous wreck at the moment and I dont know why :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:49 am

Not sure what to suggest Rufio; it's difficult when you don't know what you're anxious about. Are you positive you don't know why you feel so bad? Maybe it's an accumulation of things?

If you're visibly shaking and absolutely shattered, can't you go home from work ill and have a chilled out day to try and get your head together?
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:56 am

Do you think this is still related to you nan dying and your still grieving? Perhaps you need some grief conselling to help you.
Get some rescue remedy from the health food shop or a holland and barrat as that really helps calm you down

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Next

Return to Mental wellbeing