Counselling

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Counselling

Postby RagDoll » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:18 am

Hi,

I am thinking of seeing a counsellor in order to work through some issues I have - I'm incredibly insecure which means I become jealous, needy, etc. all of which I don't like and cause me (and my relationships) problems. I would like to know where it's stemming from and learn how to respond in better ways. I want to stop feeling like everyone is better than me. I was just wondering if anyone can advise what kind of counselling would be best? There are so many out there I don't know which 'type' would be most appropriate.

Thanks
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Counselling

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:23 am

to be honest all consellors would be able to help but i would tend to lean towards cognitive therapy as it actually gives you coping techniques and teaches you how to change that pattern of thinking
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: Counselling

Postby _Chelsea_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:58 am

Bel Bel wrote:to be honest all consellors would be able to help but i would tend to lean towards cognitive therapy as it actually gives you coping techniques and teaches you how to change that pattern of thinking

This is exactly what I was going to say. I think you'll benefit from any kind of counselor too, but as Bel Bel said cognitive would probably be the best way forward for you. Good luck :)
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Mental wellbeing