This site really helps people

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

This site really helps people

Postby ennis81 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:56 am

Hi,
I've never posted on here before, but I come here often and read the posts some of which have been very similar to some of my own problems, I have found in the last year that coming to this site gives me great comfort, Your all so honest, genuine and concerned for others is lovely to see that such good people still exist in the world :) I suppose i just wanted to say thank you to u all, because there have been some times recently when i felt like talking to nobody and this site made me feel better and gave me some great advice and some where to go, keep up the good work X
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: This site really helps people

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:02 am

Lets hope you stick around for a long time too :)
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Jo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi Ennis81

Thanks for posting your message - it reminds us that there are regular visitors who find the site helpful even though they might never make a post. Thanks for saying hello :)

Jo
xxx
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby ennis81 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:59 pm

I come here every day since i found this site last year, I read through problems similar to my own and discovered that lots of other people felt just like me :cry: Through the great advice given here, I booked myself into see a counsellor, I went for 4 months and I also went on anti depressants which i had always refused before. I finished my counselling and I felt so much better, reduced my anti depressants (I'm off them now since before Xmas) and I sorted alot out, I'm not saying everything is perfect, but I have dealt with some issues that have plagued me for a long time, I don't think I would have gone for counselling or to doctor if I hadn't come to this site, so I have a lot to be grateful to you all for!!! I especially like BEL BELS Advice, she speaks such sense and is very tactful (but also very honest!!!!)
I am a very outgoing person with LOADS of friends and a very big family and yet I still felt like I couldn't confide in anybody about how bad I was feeling, I have huge talent for putting on a face and making everything ok for everyone else, I don't like people to worry for me, I suppose my main point I'm trying to make is, SOMETIMES in a crowded room you can still feel alone, and SOMETIMES the people closest to you just don't understand or maybe have problems of thier own and you don't want to bother them.....thats why this site became such a lifeline for me, Like i already said I think your all wonderful and remember I'm sure there are plenty of LURKERS :D like me who come here for comfort, your helping people out there that you don't even know about, Your a great crowd, well done and THANKS A MILLION, Yis probably saved my life Xxxxxxxx
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Thanks so much for the compliment ennis81
I actually love coming here and helping others it is quite therapeutic to me
I also love the way we can have different opinions and not get mad at each other for it
Just because one of us thinks a certain way it doesn't always make us right and getting other peoples perspective is really good because it makes you think about things and can even change your view too
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby kerrie24 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:15 pm

I did lurk for a while I must admit, and I agree sometimes its just comforting to know others have similar problems to yourself.Sometimes I have read some of the replies and used them in my own life and it really helps being able to come on here at the end of the day. :)
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:26 pm

I lurked for a bit before posting too! Think it takes a while to get the confidence to post.. now I can't stop hahaha. I agree about the site though, it's a great way to get some objective advice!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby _Chelsea_ » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:37 pm

I lurked for a while too before posting! Then I realised how lovely everyone was and now I can't stay away :D
_Chelsea_
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:42 pm

Hey ennis is was really good for you to post saying how everyone had helped even though you didn't post a problem; it's nice to see that advice helps people.

I like the site because everyone is so friendly and no matter what you do or have done people don't judge, they help. PP for me is the friend who listens and doesn't get annoyed. People speak their own personal opinions on what they think or experiences they've had or things they've felt so you know you aren't alone and sometimes knowing how someone else felt in your situation is comforting :)
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:47 pm

PP for me is the friend who listens and doesn't get annoyed

Me too. A Friend who I can whine and whine at and they never go "ugh, for gods sake Ruth, shut up and get over it". :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Pwif » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:31 pm

What lovely posts; also thanks Ennis81 for posting this thread. :D

We try to make PP as friendly and secure as possible, so people can either search for problems similar to their own, and see what advice has been given, or they can get advice for their own specific problem. There's also a chit chat section, so we can either get to know each other better, join in general conversations or just have fun. We've all lurked at some stage; sometimes we just want to be part of the forum, but in the background. That's absolutely fine.

PPers love to help others. xx
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Hurray for Bel Bel =D> and hello to all lurkers :D
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pwif » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:44 am

snail wrote:Hurray for Bel Bel =D> and hello to all lurkers :D

I agree with Snail. :P
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture