Losing so many people

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Losing so many people

Postby shenben » Sat May 23, 2009 6:35 pm

hi guys,

im not one to moan normally but i feel so down n jelly these days that i ache for some help. Ive lost an unnatural amount of people over the past few years. The first couple were really hard but the more times this happens to me the more i wonder WHY? what the hell is going on that these kind gorgeous people keep losing their fight. Some dye of old age, suicide, freak accidents, illnesses but that doesnt make it any easier it just ends up in me thinkin why it happened to them. Ive spent a good part of my life builiding my confidence etc but now im back to square 1 feelin as jelly as ever and very confused. :(
shenben
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Losing so many people

Postby brfc » Sat May 23, 2009 7:59 pm

hey there really sorry to hear that you have lost loads of people (((big hug))) . i guess theres no answer as to why these people were taken away. it doesnt make it any easier but i guess death is just a part of life. some people leave early some people leave late in life. i can only think him upstairs has a plan for everyone and this was his plan for them. you can get councelling to help you come to terms with losing loved ones mayb it might help you. hope your ok brfc
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Sun May 24, 2009 2:33 am

My heart goes out to you because i've gone through the exact same thing and know how it feels.
Unfortunately its just how things turn out. I guess the only consolation is that when your friends or partner lose someone you'll be of good support for them having gone through the feelings yourself so many times.
However the only thing I can really advise you to do is to go for counselling. Amongst the many death's i've had to deal with, when I was 11 I lost my father figure (my grandad) and when I was 21 I had counselling for it. The talking really helped me. I'll be honest, it doesnt solve everything, but it can give you a better perspective on the situation and give you a different way to look at death. You can also discuss ways of helping you move on from the death's you have experienced and find ways to accept what has happened, move on but still honour their memory.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby morris mouse » Sun May 24, 2009 3:55 pm

"shenben" I can really understand this one. Sadly,the more time that you're on this planet,the more you see of
death (in a personal way & also in the lives of those round about you) :(

I guess the only consolation is that when your friends or partner lose someone you'll be of good support for them having gone through the feelings yourself so many times.

I agree. This is a very positive way to think & be (& the one that you should concentrate more on)
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Mental wellbeing