Can't carry on.

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Can't carry on.

Postby Herbie08 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm 16 years old, and last night was the worst night of my life.
I understand that some people might think because of my age that makes me a little less worthy of complaining about this.
But after you hear the story i hope you'll reply.

I was very drunk last night. But i still remember most of it. Me and my friends had gone into the city centre just to watch a carnival go through. It was a really nice day till i got smashed. I ended up falling onto a step and cracking open my head. The next 20 minutes goes blank but this is the report i've been hearing.

Basically, i got up after being sick a few times and tried to run off the alcohol in my system. After maybe 2 or 3 meters i fell. Onto a 2 year old girl. She's fallen and hurt her head. I don't know how she's feeling right now. I've been charged with assault.

Now, my parents have been really helpful and supported me though being very upset obviously. I'm holding it all back and i have no idea how to cope with this. I just want to move on but that's obviously not going to happen any time soon. Above that, i've been borderline depressive the past few weeks, and i'm not sure why.

All the best.
Herbie
Herbie08
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Can't carry on.

Postby morris mouse » Mon May 25, 2009 4:04 pm

"Herbie08" I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you. :(

First of all,the best thing that you can do (re:the assault charge) is to see a lawyer a.s.a.p

As for being borderline depressive,see a doctor. I wish you all the best & I hope these problems get sorted for you.
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby cheekymonkey » Mon May 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Oh please dont worry. We have all got drunk and dont things we wish we hadnt but think of it as a learning curve.

Your parents sound lovely and they want the best of you. If you have their support take it with open arms and tell them with how r u feeling. Am sure they will want to help.

When ever your feeling down, Write it down and tell people, Dont get yourself down. x
cheekymonkey
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue May 26, 2009 9:46 am

Maybe it will also be a lesson to learn to drink less, especially when out in public.

As for the little girls parents giving an assault charge it does seem a bit harsh, but then again we don't know the full story.

Herbie08 wrote:Now, my parents have been really helpful and supported me though being very upset obviously. I'm holding it all back and i have no idea how to cope with this. I just want to move on but that's obviously not going to happen any time soon. Above that, i've been borderline depressive the past few weeks, and i'm not sure why.

Stick with your parents, they do actually know best. Try and be on your best behavoir for them. As for the depression go and see your doctor about it - they may refer you to a concillor to speak to.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed May 27, 2009 9:07 am

It may be wise to seek out and enrol on some sort of alcoholism course or similar.

I'm not saying you're an alcoholic, nothing of the sort, but as you're going to end up in court, it would look much better if you were seen to be proactive in dealing with the situation, rather than being tarred with the 'yob' brush and waiting to have your sentence dished out.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peecee » Thu May 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Also, try and find out how the littl'un is - because you want to know, obviously, but you need to be SEEN to be concerned, does that make sense?

And have you seen your doctor, who might be able to tell you whether you were suffering from concussion after your fall? Rather than just being blind drunk?

Let's have an update, petal.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Herbie08 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Hey guys.
Sorry i havn't replied sooner. Thanks for all the great advice it's been a real help.

Update is this - Talked to the police after showing intrest in the safety of the kid by sending a card and asking several times they seemed satisfied.
-the child's dad wants to go on furthur
-the police are happy at leaving it as a fined charge
-planning to see a doctor next week

It's better :) I want to say thankyou. All of you.

Herbie xx
Herbie08
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:43 am

Glad it's going as well as it can for you.

It does seem the childs dad is taking it a bit too far, I'm sure you didn't purposely go out and fall on the little girl on purpose. It just so happened to be a terrible accident of wrong place, wrong time.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ILoveChristmas » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:57 am

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:It does seem the childs dad is taking it a bit too far.

I think in this particular case we're able to see the girl behind this appears to be quite nice and respectable, so it's tempting to agree that the father is taking it a bit too far.

However, I also feel that society in general is fed up with loutish behaviour like this. Getting so drunk that you can't control your actions has no place at all in my opinion, far less the middle of the street where other people have to witness it and I suspect the child's father feels much the same. He also has the added anger of it being his child that was hurt.

I have to say that if it was my son who'd been fallen on by some drunken lout, i'd want the book thrown at them too. Having said that, if my son turned out to be perfectly 100% ok and the person came and made a sincere apology i'd reconsider action against them.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:34 am

I'm not sure if Herbie is a male or female. I thought girl to begin with, but Herbie posted again in another post about having a girlfriend.

ILoveChristmas wrote:I think in this particular case we're able to see the girl behind this appears to be quite nice and respectable, so it's tempting to agree that the father is taking it a bit too far.

I have to say that if it was my son who'd been fallen on by some drunken lout, i'd want the book thrown at them too. Having said that, if my son turned out to be perfectly 100% ok and the person came and made a sincere apology i'd reconsider action against them.

I think if Herbie was a girl then, it's being harsh...but for some reason a boy falling on a child seems worse.

I do still think the dad is taking it too far, however like I said previously we weren't there. Herbie may have been acting an idiot and annoying everyone, or Herbie may have just stumbled and fell. The circumstances in which it happened add up to the little girls parents reaction.

I do agree with ILoveChristmas about if it were "my" child...however I don't think you can truly give an accurate representation until you are in that situation yourself. Although I agree I'd probably be pushing for further action; but it would depend on the circumstances before the accident, what happened immediately after the accident, was there any aggressive behaviour, did Herbie show remorse etc
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Mental wellbeing