I think im paranoid.. help?

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I think im paranoid.. help?

Postby Whatsername » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:31 pm

I have recently seen that ive started to loose friends and beginning to argue more with my boyfriend.
Ive left school now, and just finished my 1st year at college. This past year has been awful, since going through a bad time at school thinking that friends were talking about me behind my back, i have been weary that others will do the same at college. Some i have noticed have.. and some havent. But ive kinda blocked myself off from people, ive gotten so paranoid.. im still friends with the close friends at school who were talking behind my back all apart from 1 of the 3.
Ive recently joined cheerleading to try and be more socialble.. but im beginning to think they talk about me behind my back too.. and i get so defensive when ive been left out :( i have no idea why im going like this..
Im also so paranoid about my weight and thinking that my boyfriend will leave me for any girl that i see him talking to.
Ive been a bit messed up since my mum and dad split up.. but i dont think that has anything to do with it. Can anyone tell me what to do? I dont want to loose friends and my boyfriend for being so paranoid all the time i hate it. Its like another person takes over my body and gets angry at everything when i feel like this. Should i see someone about this? Or can someone tell me what to do? :cry:

Thank you for reading x
Whatsername
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: I think im paranoid.. help?

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:49 am

Whatsername wrote:Ive been a bit messed up since my mum and dad split up.. but i dont think that has anything to do with it

I think it WILL have somethign to do with it, you had your normal life and it was ripped apart.

I have a friend who was paranoid, he used to think that everyone was talking about him constantly, he only trusted a few people and he was diagnosed with depression; although he did have other symptoms too.

It does seem like it is bothering you, so go to the doctors and have a chat with them to see if they can at least try to understand why you are feeling the way you are.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:51 am

ok if you take any drugs they will add to the paranoia so you will have to stop them whterh regualarly or recreationally - i am not saying you are but they are a big casue og paranoia

if your not taking anythign that could be contributing to the problem i think you may need to get some conseeling or congnative therapy

people will always talk, some people are worse than othes. It doesn;t mean they are always saying bad things however

what you have to do is value the good friends you have and enjoy and trust in them. as for others see them as acquaintances rather than friends, people you chat wiht but they aren't really important to you so why should their opinion be

can you tell us more about the girl your boyfriend talks to and have you discussed this girl and/or your paranoia with him?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Whatsername » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:19 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:
Whatsername wrote:Ive been a bit messed up since my mum and dad split up.. but i dont think that has anything to do with it

I think it WILL have somethign to do with it, you had your normal life and it was ripped apart.

I have a friend who was paranoid, he used to think that everyone was talking about him constantly, he only trusted a few people and he was diagnosed with depression; although he did have other symptoms too.

It does seem like it is bothering you, so go to the doctors and have a chat with them to see if they can at least try to understand why you are feeling the way you are.

thank you for replying, i think i will speak to a doctor about it. But i wasnt sure weather to go or not, didnt want to make a fuss over nothing, thank you for the help :)
Whatsername
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:22 pm

Well I think it's better to go and get it sorted sooner rather than later especially since it is having some impact on your life.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:23 pm

It isn't nothing, it is interfering with your life and you have every right to get help with that

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Whatsername » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:57 pm

Bel Bel wrote:ok if you take any drugs they will add to the paranoia so you will have to stop them whterh regualarly or recreationally - i am not saying you are but they are a big casue og paranoia

can you tell us more about the girl your boyfriend talks to and have you discussed this girl and/or your paranoia with him?

Hey thanks for replying :)

Im not on drugs lol so i think i can rule that out, but i understand what you mean.
I've been with my boyfriend for nearly over 2 years now. I think i might be getting a bit protective over him. But hes also like that with me. Ive known him since i was little and hes also my best friend. Hes faithful to me, and i know he wouldnt cheat, hes just not like that.. but i get paranoid that he would leave me for someone prettier than me.. i dont like the way i look so when a pretty blonde starts talking to him sending him kisses (only friendly though as she does it to everyone) i get jealous and start getting angry. i know its wrong to act like this. He tells me he gets jealous of other guys when he thinks they are looking at me.. but he doesnt get angry like i do. so i want to stop being so paranoid now before i loose my friends and my boyfriend.
Whatsername
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:13 pm

there is a great sticky in the girlfriend boyfriend section - have a read it should help

and remember you boyfriend loves you not just for the way you look but because you are best friends too. He may not see these other girls as you do
Aslo if he finds those beuatiful blonde girls attractive that just goes to prove he thinks you are that gorgeous becasue he picked to be with you
The fact he gets jealous too shows he has deep feelings so try not to compare yourself.There are always beautiful girls out there but there are really horrid ones too

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Mental wellbeing