turning my life around.

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

turning my life around.

Postby _han » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:32 pm

I know I have already posted a few problems with a similar situation but I just needed to write it out as i've had it all going around in my head and could really do with some help.

Basically, I've had depression for nearly 2 years now & i've got to the point where I'm getting fed up of feeling this way and just want to turn my life around. I had a bit of a I suppose 'realisation' today. I watched high school musical 2 and found myself crying, stupid I know but most things that were happening to them have happened to me and I suppose it just sort of hit me & made me realise how much I have missed out on being like this :( leaving school when I was 15 was pretty tough but I was ill & couldnt cope. I lost so many friends due to it, some I havent even spoken to since I left & others who didnt realise the situation & have stopped talking to me. Watching the film made me realise how unhappy I really was, whilst I was staying in at home trying to get better, my friends were having so much fun & enjoying themselves & the last years of school. Even though I absolutley hated school if I could go back, erase everything that has happened, get my friends back & enjoy the rest of the year I honestly would. I dont feel like I've really lived my childhood & i'm 16,it just sort of came as a shock to me. I've been really trying these past few weeks to get out there & change things for the better, but it really has been hard. I cant be in a place with alot of people at the moment as I still have social anxiety which I had before I got depression. I think thats the hardest bit which is maybe keeping me back as I think maybe without the social anxiety I would be on my way to getting better by now. I have met so many new people, mainly from msn that live near but I just cant meet up with them. I get really excited for it, but when it comes to the day I cannot even put my foot out of the door & when I try I just turn into this person I dont really know, shy, anxious & just want to cry! I dont want people to know me like that, I want them to see the real me so I suppose thats why I've been putting meeting people off hoping i'll get better soon that they can meet the real me which used to be outgoing, confident, happy etc.. I've also lost over a stone due to everything happening which is making me feel low & have no energy, but no matter how much I eat, as Ive been eating my 3 meals a day with snacks inbetween, I still cant put the weight back on :( family life isn't exactly the best either as they dont understand how i'm feeling & we have arguments over me being like this! I just basically want to turn my life around & be happy again but I dont really know what to do or where to start. help would be appreciated, thanks.
_han
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: turning my life around.

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:52 am

You'll have no energu because you will be sitting around the house doing nothing, for some reason the less you do the less energy you have. You could do some exercises in the house to give you a bit of energy.

Have you been to see about getting help for your social anxiety?

Can you go out with someone or do you still feel upset then?
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:44 am

cognitive therapy could really help with the aniexty

how about asking some of these people to come to your house intially to meet up for pizza or something then you can get to know them where you are comfortable first of all
alternatively if they came to meet you at your house do you think you could then leave with them to go onto somewhere else?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby _han » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:31 am

Dipsydoodlenoodle and BelBel,
Sorry for such a late reply but thankyou so much for the help!
I am definitly going to try the pizza night with a few friends and I am going to try for the first time in a long while to go into town with them to hopefully get over the social problem.
again, thanks.
_han
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Mental wellbeing