Feeling very depressed

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Feeling very depressed

Postby nettles123 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:41 pm

i am really depressed. Sometimes i'll be okay but then something very LITTLE will happen that will just set me off. i'll want to kill myself and only haven't tried because im thinking of my family & friends.
i havent allways been like this.. its happened since i broke up with my boyfriend.. in february. its now july.. since then i havent been right.. everything is going wrong and i seriously just want to end it all.. i haven't been.. diagnosed as depressed but i certainly feel it. i just don't know what to do.. i cant tell my mum or dad and theres nothing any friends can do., i don't talk to my ex anymore.. he doesn't care at all and he'll think i;m pathetic if i tell him he's done this to me.
I need help but don't know where from or how! i feel like theres nothing anyone can do & that i may aswell just give up and end it.
Im only 16.. but i do think seriously about ending it.. and how i could do it "/.. Help?
nettles123
Just Landed
Just Landed

Feeling very depressed 2

Postby captainf » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Sorry to hear you're feeling that way, but let me tell you its really not worth trying. I can understand your want for escaping your situation but to kill yourself really isnt the way to go about it and im so sorry to hear you're thinking of doing that. I strongly advise against it and I can say with all honesty that its better to deal with the problems you have at hand than to attempt suicide. Please trust me when I say that.

Are you sure that you cannot confide in your friends? I am certain they will want to help and support you. In addition if you go to your doctor and say that you're having thoughts of suicide they will refer you to counselling. Counselling is a private thing so no one else will know what you say. In addition to this, do you have any local youth centres? They often provide a free counselling service too which may benefit you.

Dont worry about not being over your ex. Dont push yourself too hard to move on as it will make it more difficult. Take your time, grieve, and move on when the time is right. I also must add that its not really long ago that you guys broke up and some people move on quicker than others.

So to summarise - Talk to your friends, go to your doctor and get refered to counselling. Talk about your problems and worries. Dont commit suicide.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Really down.

Postby nettles123 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:16 pm

ive changed so much because of this that my friends hardly know me anymore.. and therefore dont want to be my friend. i have got some but its hard because i feel like im losing my bestest friends. all our lives we've been friends and now i feel like ive got no one whos that close. I think my ex is partly to blame.. theyre quite friendly with him and it causes problems.

i think i will go to the doctors.. but i wouldnt want my mum and dad knowing.. is that possible ?
I just want to say thankyou for this.. those words may not mean alot to you.. but they've stopped me doing something stupid tonight xx
nettles123
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Really down.

Postby captainf » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:30 pm

I understand, break ups can change people, even if its for a temporary time. I think what you need to do is talk to your friends and explain to them why you've been different recently. I'm sure they will understand and they will support you. I also might add that it might be a good idea trying to make new friends too that arent involved with your ex.

Yeah you can go to the doctors + counselling without your parents having to know anything. The Doctor, patient confidentiality agreement stands.

Thankyou! Thats brightened up my evening actually as i've not been feeling too happy the past few days. I'm so glad to have helped you and stopped you from making a big mistake. :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Depression: The 10 golden rules for yourself

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:06 pm

you need to go to the doctors, at 16 you can do this by yourself
It should be fairly simple to treat you from what you have said
Get help so you can start living again
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: Feeling very depressed

Postby nettles123 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:38 pm

i've had sex for the first time and it didnt hurt :/ .. also he kept.. slipping out
We didnt do foreplay.. we just went straight into it. [ive done things with other people before] i just dont get why it didnt hurt when everyone has always said it really will "/.. maybe it'll hurt the 2nd time? .. he didnt pop my cherry either..

Is there something wrong with me?
nettles123
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby captainf » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:19 pm

I'm confused, are you with a new boyfriend now?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:07 am

nettles123 wrote:i just dont get why it didnt hurt when everyone has always said it really will

Some people do and some people don't.

What do you mean he didn't pop your cherry - but you had sex....how does that work?
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Mental wellbeing