im only sixteen.

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

im only sixteen.

Postby babyLM » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:12 pm

i dont really know where to start. this seems such a silly thing to do, but i cant find the stregnth to talk to anyone.

well..
im only sixteen, just left school waiting to get into college: but i feel like i have nothing to my life. im always really down and i find it hard to bring myself back up. when im with my friends and im out, i get hyper and have a laugh. but as soon as im on my own i just break down: and i cant control myself. theres nothing in particular that is getting to me that i can put my finger on. there just always seems to be something picking at my brain and i dont have the slightest clue what it is, or could be? ive always been such a happy, indipendant person who loved to be around people, but i would much rather sit in my room away from everything. at first i thought it could have been stress over my gcse's, but they're over now: i have nothing to worry about: but yet i dont feel anybetter. i feel so horrible and dirty all the time, im constantly showering and cleaning. - this is going to sound really silly to you, but sometimes i want to shower because i can lock the bathroom door without people noticing theres something wrong with me, i just want to get away from everything and everyone. i can't talk to anyone, i dont want to talk to anyone: ive felt like its my problem, ill sort it myself, but i just can't do it anymore: i feel so alone, and its getting worse.

- thankyou for reading. i hope you push me in the right direction as to what im doing wrong in my life thats making me feel like this, or maybe someone is in the same situation.

- thanks again
babyLM
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: im only sixteen.

Postby captainf » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 am

Sorry to hear you've been feeling like that.
I wonder if theres something subconsciously bothering you. Have you had anything going on in your life that has got you slightly bothered - maybe a fight with a friend, or unhappy with your homelife?
When you arent with your friends what do you normally do? I'm just wondering if maybe a few new hobbies will help you.
Maybe you could try talking things through with a friend or a parent and see if they can make any suggestions as to why you maybe feeling like this as they probably know you better than we do here.
I really hope you feel better soon though.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Skarlet » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:53 am

Your life is changing at the moment, and that is unsettling for anyone. The summer waiting for exam results and not really knowing what you are going to be doing next year is a difficult one, and I think that you may be worrying subconsciously about that. You should talk to someone, like a parent or close friend because they can reassure you.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:05 am

i think you are definately having some sort of aniexty, it may have started with the exams and your brain has now got in a cycle it can't break
I think you should go to the docor and ask for some conselling

tell him you feel dirty, wnat to be alone and are isolating yourself, also that you feel very down

You do need to sort this or it could get out of control. The shower thing already sounds like you are starting to get obessive/compulsive problems (i know I have had them at times oif real stress in my childhood and my sister got to the point where she cleaned her hands til they bleed and by then was too scared to get help)
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:28 pm

I bet deep down you are worried about exam results or what will college be like, will you make new friends at college, will you keep yuor old friends. These are all important facts. Try and arrange going out with friends more often or just having a DVD day or something because it's impossible to go out all the time.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby babyLM » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:16 pm

captain_flyn : when im not out with friends i am ususally working. well : ive been having abit of trouble with my mum recently, she gets annoyed and stressed about the showering situation bcause i block it up with my hair? - but this has only happened over the last few weeks where as ive felt like this for a while now: maybe its making me worse though? thankyou for your reply.

Skarlet : yeah i suppose: im not looking forward to college, hate the thought of it actually {n}. : thankyou for your reply.

BelBel : what will happen if i go to the doctors? someone actually said to me at work today he thought i had ocd, but he said hes only just noticing it over the last week or so: but i've felt like this for ages? - i understand what your saying but i cant even talk to my friends or family about it never mind a stranger, how do i go about that? thankyou so much for your reply.

dipsydoodlenoody : {what a random name} - yeah i guess i am worried about my results and college: im not looking forward to it at all. its not that i dont have a life because i have 2 jobs and when im not working im out with my mates or my boyfriend. it when i get home from being out, or sometimes when im actually out? for example: i had a really good night with my boyfriend, really enjoyed myself: felt normal again, got in the taxi coming home i was still on top of the world: as soon as i got home and into my pj's i felt like a bomb had hit me, i felt so awful and alone? - i just stared at the floor and cried, and i couldnt control myself: i feel so silly all the time, if someone asks me why im crying or down, i dont know what to say because i dont know and dont have a reason? - thankyou for your reply.

thankyou all for your replies. i will try to take everything you's have said into consideration. i appreciate it so much, : thankyou x
babyLM
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby captainf » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Hmm perhaps you're clinically depressed. There are alot of pressures on you and that could be contributing to it. I do think you might have a better time in counselling though. Do you have a counsellor in the college you attend? Maybe you could speak to them?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Skarlet » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Its okay not to have a reason to feel down. Sometimes we just do, and the fact that you are anxious about college and all the new things happening in your life is reason enough. Doctors don't normally think you are silly for going to them with ocd or depression. It is a lot more common then we realise, and is a sign that you are feeling anxious and worried.

Don't worry about being seen as silly, everyone has their moments, and doctors and parents and friends are meant to be there to help you. CaptainFlynn makes a good point, when you start college there will be a counsellor there that you will be able to speak to. Please don't suffer this without talking to someone.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:14 am

babyLM wrote:captain_flyn : when im not out with friends i am ususally working. well : ive been having abit of trouble with my mum recently, she gets annoyed and stressed about the showering situation bcause i block it up with my hair? - but this has only happened over the last few weeks where as ive felt like this for a while now: maybe its making me worse though? thankyou for your reply.

A simple solution would be to pick your hair out of the drain, it normally just sits on top of it so it's easy to fish out.

babyLM wrote:what will happen if i go to the doctors?

They'll ask questions, you need to explain how you are feeling, problems, stresses etc then they'll make a decision on the problem.

Why aren't you looking forward to college? If you hate the thought of it, why are you going?

You probably feel more alone after coming in from work or spending time with friends or your bf because they are occupying your mind, its when you are alone and have nothing to do or nothing else to think about that it all comes back.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:16 pm

You will probably find talking to a stranger easier than you think, you won't hold back as it's all confidential so you won't have anything to fear from talking to them. And as you see they are helping you will get more confident about telling them your problems. Also they are trained to get stuff out of you without you realising your doing it sometimes. They need to understand the problem to be able to help

I think you do have ocd's/cpmpulsive behaviour problems, I have them (so you're not the only one) but they are under control but stress can make them flare. I have alot of stress at the moment and find if i touch me ear (for instance) then i need to do it 5 times. If it gets much worse I am going to go to a congnative therapist because they can help you think differently and learn how to A) cope with the real problem, the aniexty and b) deal with the compulsions

Don't be afraid to get help you will be really glad when you realise your not mad and you have some coping mechanisms in place to help you
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Mental wellbeing