Panic Attacks

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Panic Attacks

Postby ennis81 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:55 am

I'm not sure how to say this really or explain it but I'll do my best. After a rough few months I've been finding life a bit hard, I've been doing my best to get on with things but for the last few weeks I've had a few incidents when I have found it very hard to calm myself down, not crying or anything, just like my heart starts beating really fast, sweating and shaking, I have just been trying to breathe deeply when this has happened, I had another incident this morning and to be honest I'm a bit scared, whats happening to me? Am I having Panic attacks or something? I don't really want to go to my doctor as I think he will try and put me on anti - depressants and I found it difficult to get off them last time, so I would prefer not to go back on them. what will I do, please help Xxxx
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Panic Attacks

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:24 am

It really does sound like panic attacks
You can say to the doctor you want to try alternative solutions as you don't think anit depressents are the answer.
Conselling may help#You say you have been having a rough time and that could be the trigger. Have you dealt with the problems that have casued you a rough time? If not that would be the obvious solution
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby ennis81 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Yeah i've googled the symptoms here this morning and it said, panic or anxiety attacks were most likely. I've never experienced anything like this before, its making me feel out of control, this morning when it happened I had just woken up, so nothing immediate had happened to make me panic. I've been through rough times before and never felt like this
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:38 pm

Yes panic attacks do that
I know a friend of mine had to use a paper bag to breath into when her breathing got out of control. It did calm her down
However you usually always have to tackle the root cause to get better

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby ennis81 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:36 pm

God Bel Bel I've had so many issues this year, I don't know where to start finding the root :( , my head is minced
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Try writing a list or writing down things that have happened and how you felt about them. It may help you get some understanding of what is going on.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ennis81 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Thats a good idea dipsy, thank you, I'll do that tonight
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:28 pm

that is a good idea from Dipsy. Expanding on that perhaps it might be a good idea to write down when your feeling bad and try and identify why too. Stopping it before it starts

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Hmm this sometimes happens to me - the feeling hot thing. I hate it and its embarressing. I normally just try taking deep breaths.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ennis81 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:56 pm

I've had a very stressful year I think I know what triggered them off, I've been taking that rescue remedy spray the last few days which is good I think ,but then I had another attack on Sunday morning, I was goin on a date on Sunday afternoon, so I just tried really hard to control my breathing and took some of that spray, I seem to get them at really odd times, I'm not a nervous person, Captain do you know what triggers you having them???
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:20 am

Aww Ennis you were probably just worried about your date on Sunday, you were worried will we get on, will we have a good time, will I leave a good impression etc. Subconsciously at least you will have been worried.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ennis81 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 am

Yeah probably, its just freaking me out, I never felt like this before, I wrote down everything like you said dipsy and I think that because I've had a bit of a bad run of luck lately, its been one drama after another and I probably haven't dealt with things very well. Stuff just keeps happening!!!! I think I'm gettin worried that I might be cursed lol. God am I even making sense???!!!
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:14 am

Of course you are making sense. Glad you took to writing it down, sometimes it's so much easier to write it all down, you look at it and think "was that really bothering me". It also helps you off load it :)
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Sorry ennis I only just saw your question.
I'm not sure, might be lack of confidence or something like that. Never happens when I fly or anything like that. When it happens I only feel hot for abit and then go back to normal.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:19 am

I have been having a real rough time of it lately

father in law dying
step mom dying
friend lost her baby
hubby lost his job
in pain from my illness
mums house flooded badly
sister has crohns and now bipolar
both sister lots jobs
one sister lost b/f

I just had the worst year ever but you have to try and remain positive it's all you can do. I keep thinking next year will be a great year because this one has been so bad and I am getting it all out of the way in one go

Anyway I decided to buy some lucky buddhas (e bay £4 for set of 6). I am not particular spiritual but sometimes just the placebo effect helps and it can't do any harm. I have faced them east (the direction the sun rises) as this is supposed to be the right thing to do to get the benefits. I know some things are inevitable like the people dying but i just want an end to the run of bad stuff.

I just think remaining positive and seeing all the good you can is the best way to carry on. Want doesn't kill you will make you stronger even if you can't see it at the time.

Anyway so far so good my sister got a job yesterday and an appointment to get her crohns sorted and my hubby looks like he has got something sorted for a job now too.

So roll on this weeks lottery :lol:

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Next

Return to Mental wellbeing