The search for happiness......

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: The search for happiness......

Postby everloney » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 am

I'm moving in with this guy, who i thought would maybe be my friend. I'm still hoping, although he just got a gf so i guess will be spending alot of time with her. I never used to like getting around with couples, always felt like pity company, but lately i have been getting around with a couple and its been ok, so its prob all in my head.

As for clubs etc, i joined a karate club, which i love going to but not really made any friends. I go to all the postdoc meetings which are conveniently located in the uni bar.... they are normally alot of fun. I'm not sure about international groups but ill look into it. I'm thinking about taking an evening class aswell, in something fun like pottery or art or something, i prob will not pick up men there but i might make some female friends which would be great. What do you guys think?
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:46 am

There is nothing wrong with hanging around with a couple - if they weren't a couple and they were friends it would be the same thing.

Pottery or art would be fun; because you could always do it in your spare time alone as well to keep you occupied. You might not meet men there, but I certainly think it's worth going for; if you don't make friends you will at least have different company and different conversation and then like I said if you enjoy it you might end up doing it yourself in your spare time...I'd love to join a pottery class; I'd offer to go with you, except I think the travelling there might be a bit much lol.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:38 pm

what have you got to lose, nothing and you may even make some new ceareal bowls or vases for yourself :lol:
couples usually have friends too so hopefully you will expand your own group of friends through them
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby everloney » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Umm i think the pottery class is a red hot idea and i am going to look one up, i would love to make my own cereal bowls or cups. I once painted a cup, i loved it.... Shame we are so far apart dipsy!!

I may make friends though my couple friends, the girl tryed to set me up but the guy was not my type at all. Very sweet of her to try though. Shes really fond of me and invites me over for dinner nearly every night. I think that is very sweet and i don't think she does it because im a basket case but because she likes my company. My other friend that is single pointed out we are the only single ones in the lab, shes only 21 though... bless her. I think shes worried we are freaks. I'm less worried, i would like to meet someone and normally i would be freaking out with no men on the go, but i think i need to work on loving me, no1 will love me if i cant love myself and like spending time with myself....

I think im starting to get over the guy that hurt me, i still think about him but it hurts less. i'm starting to settle in here too. I think im starting to feel alittle better, work is still stressful and hard but im starting to get things working....

Thanks guys, this forum is the best and im really pleased you are all here :)
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:43 am

It's amazing how your posts have developed, from shy little girl, to big powerful (almost fully) confident woman.

I think you have the correct thinking - learn to love yourself and enjoy your life for YOU and no one else.

when I was at school there were always girls stressing over having a boyfriend to feel good - needless to say at 25 most are single parents. The girls who weren't like that are either happily married or in a stable relationship. It's so scarey to think but some of the girls I went to school with have 10 and 11 year old kids!!!

everloney wrote:I think im starting to get over the guy that hurt me, i still think about him but it hurts less. i'm starting to settle in here too. I think im starting to feel alittle better, work is still stressful and hard but im starting to get things working....

You will still think of the guy for a long time; but you will realise just how wrong he was. Things are going well in life, job and yourself AND you have your brother and sister coming for a visit soon.

everloney wrote:I once painted a cup, i loved it.... Shame we are so far apart dipsy!!

That sounds so childish - but so fun. (I don't mean that in a negative way). I love doing things "mature sensible people" shouln't be doing. I think to enjoy life you occasionally have to be a child and have innocent fun again.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby everloney » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:51 pm

[/quote]
dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:That sounds so childish - but so fun. (

Haha dipsy it does, but there are places you can go and do painting of cups and plates etc... i forgotten the name but it was in bournemouth and there was adults doing it. It was really expensive though, like 17 quid for a cup.... like I'm ever going to drink out of that.... i don't handle it for fear of breaking it!!!
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:42 am

Yea we have a place; I don't know if it's for adults or not. It's in Northumberland in the middle of no where (the place is called something like cock-a-doodle-doo) lol. Personally I don't like the place and I don't fancy driving that far just to go somewhere I don't like. I should look into beginners pottery classes as a night class since they will be starting again soon :)
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Mental wellbeing