My future.

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My future.

Postby _han » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:58 pm

I've not long left high-school and have now got to decide what I want to do with my future, the thought of it scares me and i'm feeling so depressed about it. I've had depression and social anxiety for almost 2years & i've been through so much I just want to be happy now. I've lost all my confidence and motivation for anything but I want to get far in life and be happy in the future, I have so many big ideas. I opted out of going to college this year to try and get myself better and so that I can have a real think about what it is I want to do in life. I think the main thing at the moment is just wanting a fresh start, a new life for myself, the chance to show myself I can do this, so many people have put me down in the past telling me it'll never happen, I want to prove them wrong and show them I can do it.

My dream has always been to move abroad, from my first holiday as a little girl I knew thats what I wanted to do, I wanted to see the world and have a career abroad, being abroad makes me so happy and I just love the happy energy everyone has out there. I'm also a really creative person and I love anything arty, to do with fashion or makeup eg, putting together different outfits, doing people's makeup etc. I just knew thats what I always wanted to do. It makes me happy knowing that i'm making people feel/look great and helping them to feel good about themselves. But for some reason I just feel like all of that is so far away, like it'll never happen. I used to be such a confident person, and now with everything that has happened its just disspeared. I need to find a way for me to get that confidence back but just dont know how to. I've tryed everything from counselling to cbt etc. My plan was to go to college next year and do an art course but even that i'm not looking forward too, to be honest I dont want to go. My friend started this year and said it was just like an normal art class at school. I want to get out there & do something bigger and better than that, I also think it could help my confidence. I would love to be able to go to a fashion/makeup school in America, its something i've always wanted to do and i'd give up my life here in the UK to do that. I just dont know where to start or what to do to get to be where I want to be. any ideas? thanks.
_han
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: My future.

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Big ideas are gerat but they start with small steps
Don't dimisss college as getting an exam will open up the next step, perhaps uni
Moving abroad is all well and good but it doesn't always live upto what you think it will, see everlonely posts (i think it's everlonely anyway)
Your probelms will go with you , you can't run from them but you will have a whole set of other barriers to deal with like language. So if you are really serious thinki about where you wnat to go and wnat you need to do to get there. Don't just day dream make an action plan and stick to what you need to do.
Have you tried looking up information on becoming a make up artist. Perhaps you can talk to your local make up deparment at your nearest John Lewis or Department Store and see if they can give you any advise how to get into it.People are right that things won't happen if you are not making actions that can achieve your goal
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby LME79 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:00 pm

Have you considered taking a year out of study? That way you can have a real think about what you want to do and maybe get counselling for your anxiety.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby _han » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:16 pm

Thankyou both so much for the help its been really helpful.
I've decided to stay where I am for now, have a year out, do a course in the UK next year and just see where it takes me.
thanks again.
_han
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby LME79 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:13 pm

That's great, _han, best of luck. Taking a year out was the best thing I ever did.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:20 am

Good luck and I hope things work out and if not just change things until you find the solution.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Mental wellbeing