Lonely and need to talk

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Lonely and need to talk

Postby Tillymint » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:34 pm

So I've not been on here in months and so much has changed for me. I split with my partner of 5 years, moved out and got my own house and fell in love with a man i met online. It's all been kinda complicated, it still is even but for the most part I've coped pretty well, better than i ever expected to.

But right now I'm finding things kinda hard. I've yet to meet the man I've fallen for (another loooong story) and we used to spend every night together on msn for hours. But he's left home and hasn't got computer access any more. I mean he still emails me lots each day from his phone and the connection is still there but i miss what we had. Even though it wasn't a real life connection, it was a connection and without him around I'm sort of isolated and getting lonelier each day.

I'm still battling with my self harm and suicidal thoughts, I've nearly lost that battle a few times in the past months and right now i feel myself going back to how i used to feel and i don't know what to do to stop it. I'm not close to many people in real life and i tried talking to my mum (she's more like a friend) but she didn't really take it very seriously and right now i feel so alone and sad and i don't know how much more i can take. I went from having a family to it just being me, but i was okay because i had my bf but now he's not around properly any more I'm just finding being lonely completely suffocating. I want out.
Tillymint
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Lonely and need to talk

Postby miaow » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:54 pm

Hey,
Sounds like your going through a cr@ppy time hun. What about friends? Do you have any friends you can do things with or talk to? Try talking to your mum again, sometimes they don't want to access their child is unhappy or has a problem and therefore ignore it, as they dont' know what to do or how to deal with it.

I know its a cliche but have you thought about joining some clubs, or a gym even - something to get you out the house and into a routine ie keeping you busy.

Are there other forums you can go on to chat to people, make new friends online if you like chatting to people over the net? Doesn't have to be a romantic connection, I'm meaning to just chat to for soemthing to do.

Only other thing I can think of is to go to the doctors, see if they can give you anything to help with feeling so low or see a counsellor? My friends son was going through a bad time and he was just feeling miserable and suicidal, and there was a close call. In the end he did go to his doctors and got some tablets and its now 6 wks later and he is a different person. He says he feels able to cope with things, and just feels more in control. It's worth going the doctors adn giveing it a try - you've nothing to lose,. I feel for you hun, your not happy at the moment so think what would make you happy and give yourself little goals to achieve whatever it is. x
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Lonely and need to talk

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:40 am

I was also going to suggest going to talk to a doctor about how you feel.

There is a site called http://www.friendsnortheast.co.uk/ - it's a site to make friends in the north east (I don't know where you live but see if there are similar sites closer to you). Basically you join, talk, and they have events and operate a buddy system so that for your first meeting or so you are with someone until you get to know people - I fancied doing a few events but I never have so I can't tell you how effective they are but a lot of people seem to use the site.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Mental wellbeing