Depression!

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Depression!

Postby laceysmummy01 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi Everyone,

Recently i have become very low and feel like i have nobody to turn to, i am at the point where i can not take anymore! I had a baby a year ago and since then have hated my body and the way i look, my husband tells me not to be so stupid because he loves me, but he doesn't know how it feels! I have no motivation and try not to go out of the house as i hate to be seen by anyone. This is not me at all, i used to be so happy and outgoing i don't know what is happening to me! My family keep telling me how miserable i am and to just cheer up but its not as easy as that! I just want to feel like the old me again but have no idea how to get back there!

:(
laceysmummy01
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Depression!

Postby RagDoll » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Have you been to the doctors? Is there any chance you could be suffering from post-natal depression? (forgive my ignorance, but I don't know if it's possible for it to last a year after the birth, it was just the first thing that popped into my mind having read your post).
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby jen » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:46 pm

I agree

this does sound like it could be some form of depression.

I would say going to the doctor would be the best bet, although another thing that's proven to help with depression is excercise. Have you thought about maybe joining a class. Something that's action packed where you can really blow off some steam like boxercise or something.

Also if you do that then your body will become more tonned, you may meet new friends and this might be a big stepping stone towards feeling better about yourself.

I have to say though, i really would advise your first point of call to be the doctor. Don't be embarrassed and don't feel ashamed because so many people suffer from this in silence and end up driving themselves further into it by not telling anyone.

Also have you spoken to your husband? I know you mentioned that you've said to him about feeling miserable about how you look but have you actually explained to him about how depressed you're feeling?

Jen
Formerly irnbrubar
jen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby laceysmummy01 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:42 pm

Thank you, i know deep down that i have to see a doctor because the way i am feeling is not normal! I have tried telling my husband how i feel about myself and how i am feeling depressed but he just tells me i am beautiful to him and thats all that should matter, and although thats lovely to hear i want to feel beautiful myself but he can't understand that! I would love to go to some sort of exercise class, but my husband works 6 days a week and very long hours so i spend most of the day looking after my daughter and absolutely exhausted by the time he gets home from work! I also have Polycystic Ovaries and that doesn't help with my weight issue....:-(
laceysmummy01
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby jen » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:11 pm

I know what you mean about what your husband saying being nice but not very helpful.

I'm very self concious about my weight and i'm currently on a diet because i need to lose a hell of a lot and my Fiance is always saying how he loves me the way i am but it's more for myself and for my own happiness that i want to lose it.

I really think you should go and see a doctor soon.

Is there anyway you can ask someone to watch the little one a couple of days during the week so you can have some time to yourself? Even if it's just for a couple of hours each day to give you some space. I know i would probably struggle to cope if my routine was taking care of a baby and keeping the house.

Jen
Formerly irnbrubar
jen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Mental wellbeing