What constitutes rape?

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: What constitutes rape?

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:34 am

Yeh, thankfully my boyfriend is nothing like my ex, he's a good guy. Ironically I know my boyfriend through the ex that I'm referring to above though! Funny how things work out isn't it...
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Do you think this might be one of the reasons your sex life is affected now?
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:26 pm

Yes that's a good point if this has been on your mind it's no wonder you haven't been feeling up to it
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:28 pm

I don't think so as our sex life was fine for the first year and obviously all this happened before I got together with my boyfriend... although I think it took me a long time to actually realise/admit to myself that this could just about be rape. I swept it under the carpet for a long time, which is also how I managed to have a relationship with the guy in question.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:47 pm

RagDoll wrote:I don't think so as our sex life was fine for the first year and obviously all this happened before I got together with my boyfriend...

That's very logical, but actually I wouldn't rule it out on those grounds. Sometimes things take a while to come to the surface, depending on all sorts of other issues.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 pm

I wouldn't rule it out either; something your bf/you may have said or done has subconciously brought it back into your mind.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ILoveChristmas » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:10 pm

I know it's quite an old post, so i'm sorry if nobody wants to start it up again, but I had a couple of thoughts about it.

RagDoll wrote:What I do know is that I had already made it clear earlier that day that I didn't want to have sex with him and he still went ahead knowing how I felt about the matter.

So then does it come down to how ethical this man is? I mean let's say hypothetically you went back to his place, blind drunk, ended up kissing and one thing led to another with no resistance from you. Was he meant to stop and think "hang on, Rag Doll said earlier today that she didn't want to do this", even in the face of you now being all for it?

I'm just not sure most people would do that, especially if this guy later turned out to be somone you don't want to know. Personally I would consider it rape, but the evils of drink make this just like the vast majority of cases, impossible to prove. For the record, I would have tucked you into bed and gone to sleep on the sofa :/
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RagDoll » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:09 am

I don't really want to talk about this one much more, but just very quickly, I know what you're saying, but I also know that there's no way I was: "...now being all for it". I was way too drunk for that for a start, plus, I didn't want to and don't see how that would have changed in a couple of hours. I have a 'rule' that I don't sleep with people unless I'm officially going out with them and that wouldn't have wavered just because I'd had a drink. Also, the bruises and cuts etc. indicate that there was a bit of a struggle.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Previous

Return to Mental wellbeing