Bipolar

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Bipolar

Postby rufio89 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:10 pm

I was just wondering if there was anyone on here that knew a lot about bipolar disorder?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Bipolar

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 pm

A fair bit, my sister has it not severe yet, a friend at works husband has it really bad and my friends ex has it quite badly too.
Is there anything particular you want to know?
Here is an overview
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Bipolar-di ... ction.aspx
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: Bipolar

Postby retrochav » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Hello,

Yes i was diagnosed with bipolar disorder ten years ago.

Essentially, it hits me with manic highs where i have lots of energy, need little sleep, but cant seem to finish a task properly. I can then get manic lows "burn out" i call it. I feel tired and flu - like (aching bones) and want to cry but tears wont form. I can feel deeply sad inside as though there were ice in my stomach.

However, the medication i take keeps my mood level. I still feel warmly happy, or a bit down, but not to huge extremes. I feel "normal" most of the time which is a huge relief. Finding the right medication, and getting a proper diagnosis helps. It is believed to be a lack of serotinin (happy hormone) at times or else too much dopermine (sleepy homone) at other times. The medication corrects the in balance.

At times i come off my medication, as i now when i am going one way or another and can then go back on it. I wouldnt really reccomend this as of course there are side effects, but ten years on i am aware and confident about it.

The main thing to remeber is that like any illness, life goes on and we are too important as individuals to suffer in silence.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Mental wellbeing