Yuck! Nothing to do

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Yuck! Nothing to do

Postby yummymummy90 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:38 pm

This is going to sound really pathetic.

I don't do anything with myself! All I do is take care of my daughter, and I feel guilty for not wanting to look after her. I can't play with her all the time because it's important to my partner and I that she can play by herself as well as with other people, so half of the time we're not playing. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter with all my heart and I don't regret having her one bit, she's my world. But I sit around all day watching rubbish TV, going on the internet and tidying the house. I have stayed in my PJ's all but one day for over a week. I have depression and I'm on medication, it's not making me feel any better but I can cope better if you get me? I'm starting to gain weight because I eat out of boredom.

Does anyone have any ideas for me? There's a few groups on during the week that I sometimes go to, but I haven't been up to it. I feel like I'm going out of my mind!
Be proud of your puffed up pie!!
yummymummy90
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Yuck! Nothing to do

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:31 pm

You have to get yourself out of this rut and routine
Joining clubs or classes will be great. You can go to ones for you and ones for you and your daughter too

It is important you have time for you as a happy mum is important to your daughter.

He can look after her while you have a night off. Go out with friends and get back your own identity

yes your a mum but your a person in your own right too.

Once you get out there and start feeling better everything else won't feel like such a drag
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:37 pm

I daresay your doc's already said this, but it would help very much in all sorts of ways to go out for a long walk everyday. Put your daughter in a buggy/pram and make it a rule not to come back until you've been out at least 30 minutes. If you can get something done while you're out - run an errand or pick up something for dinner - that's even better, both in practical terms and for your state of mind.

Clubs are great, and what about some voluntary work or part-time work? If you really can't leave the house, sign up to study something as a correspondence course - you can do that at the PC instead of just sitting surfing the internet. I imagine some of your friends are at uni now; why not start a degree yourself with the Open University? I did that and it was wonderful. You're still extremely young and once your daughter's old enough you'll want to go back to work, and you'll need some qualifications. You have the time now while she's young to study for them, so work towards that and you'll feel like your life is moving again.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kerrie24 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:03 am

I have a 3 year old daughter,she has just started nursery,but before that I was often by myself with her so I took her to some play groups,making friends for her and me.Not only that now I can visit those friends outside the group for a cuppa,or arrange days out with them.I am not an outspoken person and it was hard to turn up to a group without knowing anyone but they are normally friendly and all in the same boat.
Also you could join a gym or do a course where your daughter can go in the creche.If all else fails,just a walk to the shops,even if you dont need anything,or to a library if you have one nearby,or to visit family if they live by you gets you some fresh air and a reason to get dressed in the morning.It can be very depressing to sit around in the house all day,I know from when my kids are ill and I have to stay in with them,it drives me mad.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ToriL87 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:46 pm

I agree with the others that it's important to get out of the house, so you don't feel alienated form the rest of the world, just going to a walk or to the park. Have a look online to see if theres anything on in your local leisure centre or community centres, like parent/toddler groups or even a bookclub.

There are also plenty of things you can do at home, when your daughter is sleeping or playing alone, you could take up a hobby like crocheting, painting etc.
Sorry, can't hang out, it's Quidditch season. You know how it is...
ToriL87
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Mental wellbeing