Depression

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Depression

Postby kitten » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I don't know how many of you are here from when I used to use the boards. I've been doing so well, I had my baby who is the most gorgeous toddler now although we are going through the tantrum stage.

I had a rough time after having him, I had to have a c-section as he was breech and very big at 8lb 15oz and I suffered really badly afterwards ,the drs thought I'd had a stroke. I had an MRI to rule out stroke, tumours or MS and thankfully it was all clear but I've been left with reduced sensation in my left side and keep dropping things. My husband took a lot of time of work as I couldnt manage physically and had to be re-admitted ot hospital with a suspected PE (blood clot on the lung) which is obvioulsly life threatening :o

I'm much better now although my chronic back pain is still troubling me and I've been put on a very strong painkiller which keeps me going each day. But I recently went to the Drs and she has diagnosed me with depression. I have been struggling for a long time since having my gorgeous boy but I've tried to stay off the anti-depressants. She has now prescribed them but they are causing palpatations, dizziness and I already have low blood pressure its 86/46! I need to see her next week as the medication to help palpatations causes low blood pressure and if mine was any lower I'd keel over.

I know you were all a great help here before and I just wanted to get this all out as I know writing it down is good therapy. I could go on for pages. I still have unresolved feelings which have been troubling me and trying to juggle uni, work and a toddler is rather a challenge.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Depression

Postby Liquidius » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Hey Kitten, I remember you!

I'm glad to hear you've had a baby and that all is ok, but you seem to have had a bit of a tough time with everything else.

It sounds like you've been prescribed quite a cocktail of drugs, maybe you'd feel better if you were to talk to your doctor about the side effects they seem to be causing? It might make you feel better to speak to a medical professional who can put your mind at ease. Just keep going! You're a tough cookie :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 pm

hey kitten

great news about the baby and glad all going well there.

as with liquidus various drugs taken can have different side effects on people so might be best too have a check up with the doctors who might be able too help you out.

good luck with everything

take care brfc x
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:13 pm

I had a check up today and guess what another drug to add to my cocktail! I have an ECG booked for next week to check its not my heart thats the problem but Dr thinks its most likely the dizziness and palpatations are down to anxiety. She has prescribed Propanolol to help either problem!

My little one is gorgeous and keeps me going hes so cheerful, he had an appointment with the paediatricians himself next week as they think he's had asthma, he's had two admissions to hospital with chest infections and I've been praised for my calmness. The second time I got an ambulance as the last time he had deterioated so quickly he needed to be seen very urgently!

Anyway its good to be back and I look forward to finding the time to catch up. Sorry if its infrequently but I'm working two days a week, looking after little one and doing my degree and being the perfect housewife :lol:
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Having a youngster is tough and working is tough enough but also doing uni too.
Are you making sure you get some Kitten time
Can someone have the baby for a couple of hours so you can just realx and do something for yourself whther it be a seriously long bath or going to get your nails/hair done
I know exactly how you feel about the drugs. I have been on one after the other for my illness and they still haven't found the right one. They actually know what I have so it must be even more frustrating for you
I feel for you but all I can sugest is keep going back and badgering the doctors to get it sorted.
As for you back whats the casue of that, would an osteom path help. i find that really helps me with my back and neck problems
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby kitten » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:57 pm

My back is due to poor posture that has been caused by years of hip and knee pain its a vicous circle. I see a chiropractor and he is great, the Meloxicam I now take finally relieves it but all the drugs I take you can't take during pregnancy so when we decide to have another baby I need to go cold turkey :o or just paracetamol which doesn't really help. I have a gym referall to try and tightened my stomach muscles because my ceaserean pretty much knackered them and hopefully with their strength back it will offer more support.

I'm getting so fed up of not feeling my left hand, dropping things and now constantly feeling dizzy that I think I'm going to see if there is a private doctor around I'd pay anything for some answers/solutions. I've seen two neurologists and they are baffled, although apparently they do come across cases like my left sided weakness every so often with no explaination for it. It worries me about having another baby as it was after that it started having mobilised after my operation I went to the toilet and then couldn't get up, I couldn't move at all and my left sided weakness started there which is why a stroke was considered but there is no evidence on the MRI I had of a stroke or TIA (mini stroke).

I am guilty of not giving myself anytime. I have to be doing something all the time and I know I should rest sometimes.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:19 pm

I have just bought a crazy fit vibrating gym (£135 off internet) and it helps to improve muscle tone
I was told it will help build my nuscle and support my joints better ( I have rheumatoid artiritis) and it was my consultant that said it would help the muscles so it's not a gimmick.
I am not saying it will solve your problem but it might help and 15 minutes on it is like 1 and a half hours in the gym so you will get a fit bod as a side effect :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Millenia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 pm

did your doctor say anything about your left sided weakness being a nerve dis-function?
strokes are caused by clots in your brain but also your nerves control your movement e.g you want to move your finger so your brain sends those messages for the nerves to tell everything to move. But in order to get the message alot of your nerves need to get the message at the same time.

Maybe the medication you've been taking has had a long term effect and has caused your condition?

Millenia
Millenia
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby kitten » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:51 pm

The Doctors including two Neurologists are at a loss as to whats caused my left sided weakness. The medications I am taking now are relatively recent whereas the left sided weakness started 19 months ago with the birth of my son.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Mental wellbeing