STRESSBALL

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

STRESSBALL

Postby ennis81 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I very stressed out the last few months due to things being very tough in my job, I won't bore you all with the details but I'm starting to feel like its taking its toll on my health.
Yesterday after a very hard day in the office, I had a bit of a meltdown, I actually really thought I was going to fully flip out, I've always worked in a stressful environment but this morning as I was getting dressed to go to "work" or "hell" as I call it now, I was lying on my bed dreading the thought of going in.
I never really feel relaxed anymore, I know I am v lucky to have a job, but I don't want to end up as a raving lunatic due to stress.
Any tips on this would be much appreciated Xxxxx
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: STRESSBALL

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:25 pm

You must learn to switch off when you leave work
I have a very stressful job but over the years have learned you have to leave the office behind when you walk out the door at 5pm (or whenever you leave)
Perhaps when you get home you should have some kind of wind down routine, a bath, a few pages of a book, a dance round your living room to MTV for 5 mintues, a scream in a field on the way home.......
Failing all that there is therapy
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby ennis81 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks for the reply Bel Bel
Some good suggestions there, especially the switching off thing when I leave the office, lifes been very hectic, I've got to take it into my own hands and learn to relax again, its only a job after all,
Rescueing a new dog this week for my daughter, :D quite looking forward to that, loads of lovely walks and training to do :)
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Well I think that will keep you really occupied and they say dogs are a natural relaxant (as long as they aren't pooping on your carpet :lol: )
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby spacegirl » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:42 pm

One thing i make a mistake on regularly is that i go in early to catch up on work, skip lunch and stay late. this can spiral and become uncontrollable, meaning work takes over your life and it's a lot harder to switch off. Make sure that if you work 9-5 with an hour for lunch, be really strict with yourself and stick to that, it means work will be sealed within tose 8 or whatever hours and that your free time is your free time. I also find that changing out of my office clothes when i get home helps me to switch off from work, kinda like when you changed out of your school uniform as a kid :)

you're right about the lovely walks, i would love to get a dog except i live in a flat and the landlord doesn't allow it :(
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Mental wellbeing