Dis-organised

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Dis-organised

Postby rockingallnightlong » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:43 am

Whenever i do things its always last minute or not planned properly. Plus i leave things quite messy and im not good at time management. Any tips anyone?
rockingallnightlong
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Dis-organised

Postby LemonJuice87 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:40 am

I used to be like this, although my time keeping isnt great I'm much more organised now. I think i'm a bit OCD about it to be honest since I'm planning my Partners birthday 3 weeks early. :lol:

To start off with, you could write down all the things that need to be done.
For example:

Monday - Bills came through
Tuesday - Doctors
Wednesday - Meeting friends for lunch. Bills need paying
etc etc

So on Wednesday you know that your meeting your friends and the bills need paying. So what I do is, i tape the bill to the front door. So before i go out the door I see the bill and get reminded. Put a reminder in your phone that you have to go and pay the bill before you meet your friends. Put it on a repeat alarm if you have to.

I'm sorry I cant help with time keeping as I'm useless at that. I'll say i'll be there at 3pm and i turn up at 4 lol.

Obviously, I dont know any specifics about your problems. So this was just what I do. Perhaps if you tell us a little more about what your dis-organised about, we all could give you a few tips on remembering. If you don't want to thats fine. I'm sure others will have more suggestions.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Leaving yourself plenty of time to plan things is usually the key to things running smoothly. As LJ said, writing things down also helps. With regard to time management, would a diary help? That way you can keep a track of where you're supposed to be and when.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:42 pm

I'd agree with planning - it makes a massive difference. It helps if you find a convenient and enjoyable way of keeping track of your planning - example online tools below...

http://www.rememberthemilk.com
http://backpackit.com (I've used this one a lot).

There probably plenty of others to try.
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby ILoveChristmas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:02 pm

The company I work for makes mind mapping software. One of the primary uses of that is in planning.

As a very short 'this is how it works', you start with a core idea and then expand it by adding ideas or topics and then further expanding them until you're at the level of detail you need.

After you've done that you can add detail to your ideas, like costs, quantities, dates and priorities. You're then free to sort on that, filter, export and so on. The latest feature we're working on (due for release this week actually) is gantt chart functionality, so you can manage an entire project within the product.

If it's something you want to try out (I think it seriously could help you, I use it to plan everything - holidays, christmas presents etc) then PM me and i'll take care of it.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby misatok11 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 am

Simple things like post it notes help me a lot. I have also started using the calendar on my mobile to remind me of dates etc. Plan to be in places at least 10 minutes before.

Just small changes can make a massive difference.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Mental wellbeing