Unwanted Kiss - led to feeling really depressed

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Unwanted Kiss - led to feeling really depressed

Postby Miss Lucy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:38 pm

My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 years, with him living abroad for the last two and a half. Whilst he was away several things happened in succession which resulted in me becoming severely depressed and completely losing all my confidence. My boyfriend was initially very supportive and then suddenly he started to pull away and not wanting to have sex when I saw him which was very strange for him and left me feeling completely unattractive and thinking he did not love me anymore, it ended up with him really pushing me away and I almost thought the relationship was over which was devastating for me. We then met up recently and talked a lot and he explained he had been under loads of pressure with his job and had gotten depressed himself and that he loves me and really wants to be with me. We are now closer than ever and I have been feeling so much happier. I then went to my friend’s wedding on a bit of a high and this guy who I have met a few times started chatting with me later on in the evening. I had been drinking all day as you do at weddings and everyone was very merry but all of a sudden I started to feel very very drunk and was really sick, I of course then had to leave so ordered a cab, this guy walked me to the cab which i did not ask him to but was so drunk (all of this memory is very hazy) but I do remember turning round to say goodbye and before I knew what was happening this guy was kissing me full on the lips, it took me literally one second to realise what was happening and pulled away. I am feeling horrendously guilty as I had no intention of kissing this guy and was the furthest thing from my mind as all I want to do is enjoy the new found closeness with my boyfriend. Please help as I don’t feel like I can talk about this with anyone and am torturing myself with guilt. I was feeling so good before all of this and back to my old self but can now feel myself withdrawing again and spiralling downards and am started to feel very depressed all over again, am I blowing this out of all proportion? I don't think I could ever tell my boyf.
Miss Lucy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Unwanted Kiss - led to feeling really depressed

Postby peecee » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi, Miss Lucy, and welcome to PP. :P

It's better to keep your problem in one thread, and I think "girlfriends and boyfriends" is the right place, so I'll lock this one now. Let me or any of the mods know if you'd like to move it to a different section of PP.

xxxxxxxxxx
peecee
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Mental wellbeing