Hormone issues

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Hormone issues

Postby Aurelie » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:17 am

My hormones are ruining my relationship!

Most of the time I am completely fine, have a brilliant time. Randomly I feel anrgy/annoyed/upset for no reason and end up being a complete loser and stomp about our house, have a go at my boyfriend, become really upset, then five minutes later realise there was nothing wrong, I was completely out of order and apologise profusely.

This is very upsetting for my boyfriend, who finds himself on the end of this when having done nothing wrong. I am very worried that I will lose him because of this.

We have a great time, he is wonderful, and everything would be brilliant if this didn't happen. It doesn't occur on a daily basis, but I would say weekly, once a week or every two weeks, more often just before or after my period. I feel completely awful that this happens. I love him to pieces - the very bones of him - and would be devastated to lose him, especially to something that, no matter what I try, still feels completely beyond my conscious control.

It's very difficult because I can't control feeling these things when they occur. I'm sure it is hormone related, and would love some advice on how to keep my moods more fluid, and not randomly changing. I'm not on any medication or mood-altering contraception. I have tried starflower oil (a herbal hormone balancer), and it did make some improvement, although it is very expensive and did not completely eradicate the problem. I don't agree with the pill for contraceptive purposes, but am getting to the point where I would definitely consider it if it would help. I can't go on like this!

:( XX
Aurelie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Hormone issues

Postby ILoveChristmas » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:25 am

I think the thing to do is make an appointment with your doctor and have your hormone levels assessed. From there you can make an informed decision about what to do next, whether that means medication or some other form of treatment.

Medication needn't be all kinds of manufactured hormone pills prescribed by the doctors, you could also look into herbal remedies as you have already, or alternative treatments. What you really need is the diagnosis.

Although i've no medical background, it sounds as though you're right to blame hormonal changes, particularly as the symptoms change in line with changes in your own body month to month.

In terms of your boyfriend, how about having an open discussion with him. Acknowledge that something's going on that you need to get seen to, and that you realise how hard it must be for him. It'll be tremendously reassuring for him to know that you know there's something in need of attention.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hormone issues

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:34 pm

I think ILC is right to suggest the doctors as your first port of call

If everything is normal I too would suggest natural remedies. Holland and Barrett are particularlygood at giving advice. I think Vit B6 and the satr flower may well be the best options.

I am sure the pill will be having an effect but you can't be sure it's a negative one unless you come off it.

Also perhaps some anger management so you learn how to control yourself when your like this. I bet you don't go of at your boss, you do it to your b/f becasue you know deep down you can. So ther is control there you just have to learn how to control the control
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Mental wellbeing