Stressed :(

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Stressed :(

Postby rufio89 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:19 am

Hiya,

I dont really know what advice I'm hoping to get here.

I'm just super-stressed out this week, like at the point where I feel barely able to speak, and I have no idea why! Work is busy, which is quite stressful, but not to the point where I would be like this, everythings great with my bf, everythings good with my friends and family, so I cant understand why I'm feeling like this.

I'm at work at the moment and I feel so fragile that I just want to curl up in a ball and cry :(

I dont know if it's even stress? I feel really anxious as well and shaky.

As I dont know what's causing it, I dont know how to even begin to make myself feel better.

Any suggestions?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Stressed :(

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Firstly, breathe! Take a few deep breaths and try to calm yourself a little. You'll be ok :)

It sounds like something is stressing you out, but you haven't worked out what it is yet - I have days/phases like that too. Sometimes I realise what it is that's making me feel that way and sometimes it just seems to blow over.

Obviously you're going to have to just do your best to get through the rest of the afternoon at work, but this evening I would suggest you have a very chilled out night and try and relax. Is there anything that helps you unwind/switch off?

This isn't anything to do with (maybe subconcious) anxieties about moving in with your boyfriend is it? Sometimes I know I don't react particuarly well to change, not when lots of things seem to be going on at once anyway.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby whoopsie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Maybe you're a bit run down? If you're really busy at work, it can make you tired. Are you sleeping ok? I don't think it's unusual to have a period of feeling down from time to time, just as long as it doesn't last too long.

I would suggest some self pampering and relaxing along with an early night. The weekend is not far off so you can recoup then, chill out.

If not, then I would DEFINATELY get a kitty. Stroking a pet is proven to reduce stress levels :D

I hope you feel a bit better soon.

xxx
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby retrochav » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:56 pm

what you are describing sounds almost like deppression to me. Often it hits without ryhme or reason, which makes it feel all the more draining as you cant source the root problem.

You try to examine aspects of your life and see if you are putting a brave face on things - are you really satisfied with the way your life is going? Often these stressed feelings are a response to a lack of control in an area of life.

If nothing comes to mind, then the best thing i can suggest is to aim for uplifting things. A late evening picnic with your guy in the park (or even in the back garden or balcony) can be great for relaxing, as can sharing a bath, or simply chatting to mates you havent had time to speak with in a while. Whatever simple pleasures that give you a sense of joy are worth pursuing right now. I invite friends to dinner, soak and massage their feet and generally make them feel really special when they are troubled, it usually lifts spirits.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby spacegirl » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:10 pm

i know how you feel, i agree with what the others are saying, it could just be a little anxiety or nerves about moving in with ur bf, not that ur having 2nd thoughts or anything, househunting is v stressful as it is.

I don't know if ur like me, but i get very bad pms and get really upset and nervous about the slightest of things, and then when i period comes it's like "ooh! that's why!". it wouldn't be a bit of that, would it?

like at the weekend, my mum asked me if i'd been out with friends, i said i hadn't cos i was filling out app forms, then i just went into hysterics, crying and panicking! then my period came a few days later and i realised i'd probably overreacted a little....
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:35 pm

I am worried about moving in. I know it's definitely what I want to do and I'm not having second thoughts or anything, but obviously it's going to be a big change and it's all new and unfamiliar. More than that with the house thing though is that I'm finding househunting really stressful. We've put it on hold for a couple of weeks as I cant move until the end of August, and we kept looking at places that were lovely and then they were going before we could get them! But our 2 week hold is almost up now so we're going to start looking again on Saturday.

I thought of another thing that is stressing me and that's driving lessons. I HATE them. I have never found anything so difficult before and I've never been so bad at anything! I'm worried I'm never going to get it and I'm getting cross and impatient with myself that I didnt just learn when I was 17. (I started learning then but then I quit because I didnt like my instructor).

Im feeling really stressed a lot recently. Maybe it's a combination of little things rather than a big thing.

I am also really tired, I dont sleep well here because I live in the middle of the city and my flat is so loud and hot, I get woken up almost everynight by people screaming. I will be glad to move somewhere quiet and boring!

I don't think it's depression. I have been struggling a bit recently, but I've suffered from depression on and off for many years now and I feel like Im actually in a stronger patch than I am usually, I'm just stressed.

I've been really stressed again today, but I think that's because I'm on my own at work this week, and I had a driving lesson tonight. I was feeling a lot calmer yesterday I think a big part of it was because I went on a girls night at the weekend, this was the first night out I've had without my boyfriend for about 6 months, and it was brilliant. I love going out on a night out with him, it's always good fun and stuff, but I think I forget how important it is to have time alone with my friends as well as with him, and also he doesnt like to dance when he goes out, so I usually end up not dancing much and just sitting with the talking people, but I LOVE going out dancing. I am going to make a conscious effort to spend more time with my girlfriends. I'm always complaning I dont have many friends, which is true, but I'm also neglecting the few I do have. I dont need to spend every evening with my boyfriend, especially once we move in together I'll just end up getting sick of him if I dont spend more time doing my own thing!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:38 am

Well it sounds like you're quite in touch with how you're feeling, anyway.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Mydaughter can't see out of one eye and found manual stresful so ended up doinf auotmatic and passed first time
Defiantely worth thinking about if your struggling.
I have to drive an auto now because of an ankle op I didn't need :o and it definately is easier than manual
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Mental wellbeing