stress/tension headaches.

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

stress/tension headaches.

Postby kerrie24 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

I have been under a lot of stress recently and have been getting tension headaches just in my temples (the doctor told me it was stress)I usually get migraines these are different.Does anyone have any exercises or techniches to help de-stress and avoid the headaches getting worse? Any thoughts appreciated :)
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: stress/tension headaches.

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:19 pm

gET A BABY SITTER AND HAVE AT LEAST ONE HOUR A WEEK TO HAVE SOME "ME" TIME. oops on caps again :oops:
Are you disorganised or organised?
If you're disorganised get a diary and start to plan things so you don't have all these racing thoughts pumping round your head.
If you're organised try the opposite and have a day where you do nothing but slob around and see how the day goes.
Get a head massage if you can afford one.
Make sure you get a nice deep realxing bath after the kids have gone to bed. Don't just wash and get out, lay there and put some candles on. Pamper yourself.
Can you off load any jobs onto your partner for a bit to give yourself some head space?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby kerrie24 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Belbel,you have put your finger right on it there,
I try to be organised but things always crop up and add to my ever-lengthening lists (which I store in my head),and at the minute I cannot put this baby down!If im out he is happy but I dont get anything done,if im in,he cries all day and when I eventually get him to sleep I just want to collapse.My partner helps as much as he can but works from 5.30am til3.30pm so obviously is tired too.I take the baby in the bath with me as it calms him down,If i ever get a bath to myself he is screaming in the background(my bathroom is downstairs) and I constantly feel guilty because the 2 older ones are getting no attention or the house is a tip.I cant relax at all.
I didnt plan to write that much but there is nobody else to listen.My mam wont babysit the 3 together (even though she had 4 of us within 8 years!) so Id always have at least one child at home unless I sent them off to different places.I suppose I thought the baby would fit in with my routine but I forgot how hard it was
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:47 am

This stage is the worst. If the baby likes it outside is it possible to put him in the pram in the garden for an hour whilst you get some stuff done. (assuming you have a secure garden)
Get you little 2 year old to help you with the little one. I know that sounds odd but if they feel a part of it, even as simple as pass mummy the nappies, you get a wipe out for me etc then she/he will feel part of the babys life and not pushed out.
Can you put the two little ones in the bath together so it becomes play time.
Don't worry about the house being a tip, this is a temporary thing.
Another way you could get the little one to help. Ask him/her to pick up things for you. Praise her/him up for helping and they will want to do it more to please you. Stick a duster in there hand and tell them how grown up they are for helping you.
Ok it won't be perfect but it will help.
If you can get someone to have the baby for a few hours you could spend some quality time with the 2 year old. Quality time is far more imprtant than lots of rubbish time. Perhaps you can sit the little one at the table with something interesting whilst you tidy in that room. Then move on to the next room. Let the 2 year old make you a picture whilst you clean up.
It is hard but you will get through, hang in there.
:grouphug:

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby kerrie24 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:15 pm

Thanks for the advice belbel.My daughter is 4 not 2 but yeah I have tried to include the older ones and they dont feel pushed out as such its just everyone having to adapt really to not having so much free time on our hands.I know it will get better,and most days logic tells me it wont last forever and iv done it twice before,I think yesterday was a bad day but today is going better.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:26 pm

I must stop skim reading, sorry. A 4 year old is a bit easier than a 2 year old. Does she go to nursery yet? If not get her in even for a few hours a week and try to give yourself some me time when she's gone and the others are at school.
Glad it's a better day today, we are always here for you if you need to rant :D

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby kerrie24 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:59 pm

She has just started reception class,but isnt in a full day till october.She is 5 in february.I think things just got on top of me yesterday,I know I can at least come here if im having a crappy day thanks.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Mental wellbeing