Up and down, up and down.

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Up and down, up and down.

Postby lovehate17 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:10 am

Hi everyone, I’m just sick of how I am up and down all the time and wondering if anyone has felt the same.

I’m not just talking about good moods and bad moods, I’m talking about how I can feel totally hyper and then something simple things which would have only irritated me before and get me into a rage or send me into floods of tears. Sometimes I can cry for ages and then suddenly I stop and I’m totally fine.
People have commented on it recently which has made me think about it more. The other day my mum said I walk around like a bear with a sore head and I was in a bad mood before I went to work. Then at work I was suddenly very hyper and my work mates commented on how I can be so quiet and hardly talk and other times I can bounce off the walls. My boyfriend also jokes about it saying I am weirdo and I know I take my bad moods out on him sometimes and I forget to tell him how much I love him. It is having a bit of a strain on our relationship and my mum and I have started arguing.

I just thought I was stressed and that’s why I down as I am naturally a very happy person. For the past couple of months I have been tired all the time but I thought it was to do with the amount of hours at work and starting uni. The other day I was even struggling to stay awake in a lecture and felt sick I was that tired. Also I have back pain which comes and goes but I can’t think of how I could have hurt it. That probably has nothing to do with it but thought I would add it in.

People commenting on it has made me think more and it is kind of weird as I wasn’t like this before and I just seem to click up and down. Any comments will be appreciated.
lovehate17
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Up and down, up and down.

Postby Lust » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi there lovehate,

It sounds to me like you could be suffering from slight depression as these are some of the signs. This would explain the back pain; I suffer from depression myself and regularly find I'm in random pain without reason. How long has this gone on for? Is it everyday? You say you feel tired all the time; is it a case of you're sleeping but wake up feeling like you haven't slept at all?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but your answers to those will help us understand what might be wrong. Obviously I can't say you definaltely have depression, only a doctor can tell you exactly. If it's bothering you then I'd suggest explaining to your doctor how you feel to get a clearer idea

Take care and try not to get too stressed about this x
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lovehate17 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Hello Lust,

Oh no, no problem. Thanks for commenting.

Em, it has maybe been going on for one - two months now. The back pain comes and goes, one day it can be fine and other times it can be there for days.
I can sleep for 6 hours and then get up for work and still feel really tired; like I want to sit down and fall asleep in my shower haha but when I have a morning off I can easily sleep for 10 hours and wake up feeling refreshed and fine? Saying this these are the days my house is empty and I know I can do what I want whereas if my mum was in she would put pressure on me to get ready once she knew I was up and maybe help her do things in the house, which is fair enough, but its gets me raging, when before all I would do was huff and puff like a normal teenager.

Do any of these things sound familiar?

You take care of yourself as well. Thanks again x
lovehate17
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Lust » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 pm

The back pain sounds very familiar, comes and goes but you haven't done anything that would cause pain. If this is getting to you and effecting your life, it won't hurt to go talk to a doctor, who'll advise you on what would be best to do.

Maybe you're doing too much and it's stressing you? Do you have plenty of time for yourself?
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lovehate17 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:25 pm

No I have no time for myself. I have just started uni and when I’m not there I am at work. I am working an obscene amount of hours as my workplace is short staffed and I’m struggling to find time to see my friends and my boyfriend. Then when I am in the house I have my mum nagging at me (most of the time for good reason ill admit but not all the time) I know I’m doing too much just now but I just thought that cause I am still young it wouldn’t have this much of an effect on me.

I feel a wee bit better now that I have talked about it with someone who listens. Ill mention it as I am planning to go to the doctors for another reason soon. Thanks a lot! x

p.s I realize I went on a little rant there. Sorry x
lovehate17
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Lust » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Sounds like you're about my age? I'm 18 and didn't think it was an age where this could happen but it did. I've just read your other post about your bf and that can't be helping you, like other posters have said on your other thread try and gently tell him you need some time to yourself as you are tired and need some space to be yourself for the night.

although it's great you're working and going to uni, taking on too much isn't good for you. I'm currently unable to work, I'm at college full time doing an art foundation degree then I have so much outside work to do that I can be up most nights until midnight doing art. By the weekend I feel so rubbish for having so little sleep/time to myself that I have no energy and end up sleeping most the time. Us it not at all possible to have one leas shift a week? Where you could relax and have some you time to recover.
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:40 am

I agree; having read your other post it sounds as though you could well be suffering from the results of exhaustion and stress. Youth doesn't necessarily make you more resilient, because although you're physically more robust you're not as experienced in dealing with things and everything has a greater impact. (My physical health is much better now at 37 than it was 20 years ago, as I'm much more sorted mentally). It also sounds as though, between uni, job, parents and boyfriend you have a lot of people making a lot of demands on you.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lovehate17 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Yeah Lust, I am the same age. I sort of explained to him but he he just said he understood I was having a bad time just now but did the same thing last night. But I put my foot down more and he left. If it continues and I will just need to say, like someone said, if he doesn’t understand then he will have to find somebody else similar. I had a weekend off because I had a virus and caught up on sleep and I feel a lot better! It’s kind of unbelievable haha there is still a bit of bad feeling there so I am still going to mention it to the doctor. I am planning on saying to my work that I can only do a certain amount of hours from now on and I am looking for a new job with more suitable shifts. Because now I feel better I don’t ever want to feel like that. I’m sorry you have been feeling like that for so long. Don’t know how you do it. And I read your other post about your parents and the person you love, must be really hard. You seem really nice though so don’t let anyone tell you different :) xx
lovehate17
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Lust » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:50 pm

Unfortunately, it's difficult sometimes for people to understand how you feel when there is nothing physically wrong. He may just believe you're just having a bad day and will be fine later on. If he doesn't get any more understanding then put your foot down and tell him that you need some space from him and that it doesn't mean you don't love him, you just need your own time to relax.

It's good that you managed to have some time off, although being ill isn't fun I bet it felt good to do things at your own pace. Definately agree with your plan to ask for less hours, it'll help you relax yourself and get rid of some of the pressure. Don't be scared of telling a doctor how you feel if you still feel this way, they'll do their best to find out what's wrong.

Aww thanks that's sweet :-) I don't know either but I get there lol
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:51 am

My sister has bi polar and you certainly seem to describe some of the same symptoms
I really think you should go to the doctor. Bi polar can be controlled with medication so you moods are more level
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby lovehate17 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi everyone, sorry I haven’t been on for ages but this just isn’t going away. I feel like I can’t talk to anyone. my mum tried to help me but just isn’t taking me seriously, my friend got a new boyfriend and is with him all the time and doesn’t have much time for me anymore and my boyfriend listens but doesn’t get anywhere in trying to help me. He and my mum told me to go to the doctors so its time to face up to it and go. I just don’t know what to say without it coming across too extreme. It comes and goes days at a time but it always comes back. I don’t have anyone to talk to anymore and I just need a push to go to the doctor and advice on what to say as some of you have been through this. Please help me :( i would really appreciate it.
lovehate17
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:28 pm

If you haven't already been then get the appointment, avoiding the problem won't make it go away.

Write down how you feel, especially try to do it on the bad days and the good days so you can show the doctor how you are thinking and feeling those days
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Agree with Bel Bel, plus, if your Mum wasn't taking you seriously, I'm sure she wouldn't suggest you go to the doctors.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Mental wellbeing