Damn you Emetophobia!! - pregnancy related.

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Damn you Emetophobia!! - pregnancy related.

Postby whoopsie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:08 pm

I want to have a baby. I've come off the pill but I'm too scared to have sex with my husband in case I get pregnant. The fear of vomitting is evil. I want to ask my doc for pills but the doctor I normally see has just left. I just know they will only give me something 'if' I get morning sickness bad.

How bad is it? Honestly?
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Damn you Emetophobia!! - pregnancy related.

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:56 am

Hi Whoopsie,

Remember not everyone gets morning sickness, about 80% roughly, so you might be lucky and be one of the 20%. Adam's mum didn't get it, she was neither up nor down.

Remember that anti-nausea and anti-sickness medication is not the same thing. Anti-nausea drugs stop you from feeling sick, anti-sickness drugs actually stop you from being sick.

So there may be a reasonably good chance your doctor will prescribe you the anti-nausea drug on the basis of your phobia and that it's not really interfering with your body's process, i.e. anti-nausea drugs won't actually stop you from being sick if your body is going to anyway, but sometimes that's all it takes.

I think your best bet is to ask for an appointment with a fairly young (i.e. non matron-like) female doctor. They're probably your best bet of getting treatment in advance.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Most people I know including myself only had it at a stage or pregnancy not all the way through.
My daughter is preganat at the moment and was feeling sick but it turned out to be due to a blood siorder she inherited from me. Once they treated that it went away immediatley. My sister has had sickness throughout her pregnancy but once she decided to tell someone about it they gave her an injection and it stopped immediately. So make sure you tell your midwife if it's a problem and you can get treated very quickly.
I had sickness first thing in the morning but found as long as I ate a dry biscuit, whilst still lying down, it would go away. Worth a try too.

Don't let it put you off, there are definately things they can do.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby LemonJuice87 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:11 pm

Ooooooooooooh i feel for you. =[

I was only sick twice when I was pregnant (Although it did take my Mum 3 hours to convince me).

My sister got really really bad morning sickness more or less throughout the whole pregnancy. She was given the anti-nausea ones, which stopped her feeling sick, but didnt stop her being sick. She said she didnt know when she was going to be sick, it kind of just happened. So i think your best bet is the anti-sickness ones.
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Mental wellbeing