dealing with childhood abuse

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: dealing with childhood abuse

Postby ObiWan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:04 am

I would agree with Jess on that one about not necessarily cutting you parents out of your life , as you may regret that later on, obviously it is your choice in the end though. I know that being sent away to boarding school led directly to what happened, but im certain your parents didnt intend anything like that to happen. I can see that you are releasing many feelings that you have kept inside for years, and im sure that this will come out in all sorts of ways, which is understandable. To some extent I think your parents are probably in denial over this, as mostly people find this a very difficult subject to talk honestly about, especially as you are their son, im sure your reaction to that could be that they should be more understanding, supportive and been there when you needed them most. I know it must have taken a great deal of courage to talk about this, and i hope you will continue doing so.
ObiWan
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Previous

Return to Mental wellbeing