The perils of alchohol! Oops!!

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

The perils of alchohol! Oops!!

Postby Liquidius » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:29 am

This is a bit of an odd one, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone ever feels the same way!

Do you ever wake up after a particularly heavy (and mostly accidental) drinking session, and worry about what you've said or done because you don't remember? I know you probably shouldn't drink so much in the first place, and that's the solution to the problem, but everyone gets a bit carried away sometimes!

The thing is, I never used to worry. However, if I get drunk now and don't remember even the tiniest thing, I worry that I've been rude, said something completely innapropriate or upset someone. It's ridiculous though, because I never have!! Or at least not often. Obviously everyone acts stupid when they're drunk, and I don't mind that, I'm just terrified of offending people. It's annoying because even though I may have had a really good night, I wake up in the morning with a huge sense of dread which won't go away until I've spoken to the people that were there to make sure I wasn't an idiot!

I have problems with anxiety anyway, and this probably contributes toward the whole thing, but I just wondered if anyone else felt the same way. I think I'm a bit of a control freak. I hate forgetting things anyway.

:)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: The perils of alchohol! Oops!!

Postby sabi » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:02 pm

hey there,
I don't mean to come accross offencive in any way with this reply but how about not drink as much, I know it is easy to give in to peer pressure but is it that hard to stay tipsy and not wasted? NO is the answer, if you really are that worried, just don't get so drunk. I very rarely drink anymore, i did get to the stage of being drunk all day every day. but now i can have one or 2 beers and have just as much fun as everyone else as well as being able to act accordingly and watch out for others.

It's totally up to you but that's my advice :)
hope it helps.
sabi
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Mental wellbeing