Child sexual abuse (explicit content)

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Child sexual abuse (explicit content)

Postby captainf » Sun May 29, 2011 11:03 pm

That sounds positive. Hopefully they will be able to help you and you will find a way to move forward. :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Anaida » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:48 am

Hello NailQueen...your story has HORRFIED ME, shattered and numbed,no less. I can't imagine what it'd have been like for you, because I'd hang myself to death multiple times even before THINKING of going through it. I think the last few words sum up what I exactly have to say on this....horrible, horrible. My heart goes out to you. There must be countless other defenceless children out here who've gone through this abuse and couldn't even open their mouths to anyone. Just having the knowledge of it makes me shudder...Gosh, I CAN'T COME CLOSE TO EVEN IMAGINING such a monumental betrayal by a family member. ](*,)

I'm sorry if I sound impotent, but that's all I can say here. Like others, I'd advise you a psychologist and rigorous therapy. And its no good saying "shake off the feelings of guilt" because they CAN'T BE shaken off, no matter how hard you try. We all know that. Just keep youself from self-harming as best as possible, and struggle with yourself. You'll win through, I'm confident. Best of luck and a masive hug

XOXOXOXOXO.
Anaida
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Nail Queen » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:15 pm

I haven't been on PP for a while and am still amazed by the amount of support and encouragement offered by strangers, so I just thought I would post a quick update just in case anyone is interested. I am still waiting to speak with a counsellor/psychologist. It took many phone calls and much frustration just to see if the psychology department had received my referral, after 6 and a half weeks I got them to send me the forms they should have sent me to complete just to get onto the waiting list (which is at least 8 weeks). The department secretary just told me they don't offer emergency appointments and they are getting a lot of referrals so I will just have to wait. This has just re-enforced my belief that I am undeserving of help, I know there are lots of other people where I live who are in greater need of help but everyone I spoke to at the psychology department to try and sort out my referral just sounded annoyed I was calling and I felt so dismissed and worthless. I don't think I was being unreasonable, they kept saying they would ring me back in a few days when they had had time to look for my referral, I would wait a week or two and they still hadn't rung back so I would ring them and they would just say they are busy or the person who deals with referrals isn't in and will call back. When I had completed the forms and sent them back I rung to check they had been received, the woman said they had and asked if I had any particular concerns that was making me check. I just said there had been quite a delay in getting the forms sent to me so I just wanted to check they had arrived. She just said I was on the waiting list but how long I would have to wait depends on the number of referrals they are getting. She probably put me right to the back of the queue for saying there had been a delay and so implying she wasn't doing her job, I didn't mean to imply that its quite possible they didn't receive my referral so couldn't send the forms I needed. I'm probably just being stupid but it just feels like I've been waiting forever ](*,)
Thanks to anyone reading this, please excuse me being so pathetic
In the words of Don Mclean......
They were not listening, They're not listening still, Perhaps they never will!
Nail Queen
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:07 am

I'm glad you have made some positive moves in order to get some counselling and hopefully this will help you out and help you to overcome what happened to you.
I dont think that you did anything wrong in chasing up on things because to be honest with you theres often incompetence with things like 'we'll call you back' Its due to their lack of communication or poor memory and you have done the right thing in checking up on things and making sure that all was in order. Their incompetence was the problem, not your assertiveness to get your appointment appropriately. By the way, she couldnt put you to the back of the queue. You honestly did the right thing, alot of people lose out on medical care and appointments because they waited and waited for a call that never came. You have made sure they did their jobs properly.
You really do need this and I dont think you need to think about others and whether they need the counselling more than you, all that matters is that you went through a very very traumatic time and you will most definitely benefit from counselling.
Keep prodding away at them and make sure that you get to see a counsellor. You deserve to be looked after and treated for your depression and the trauma you went through. All this chasing around you're doing will be worth it when you can eventually put the past behind you and live a more happier, comfortable life. :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Previous

Return to Mental wellbeing