Urgent help needed RE weight issues and wedding a month away

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Urgent help needed RE weight issues and wedding a month away

Postby stressball » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi all, me again. This time with probably such a stupid "problem" but really need to get it off my chest. Now I'm getting married in less than 5 weeks and I wanted to lose some weight for it. I've lost maybe a couple of pounds but my heart hasn't really been into it. Went round my sisters earlier and she showed me some photos of when I was thin and happy. Now I've decided that this is the kick up the bun to lose weight but is it too late? How do I do it? I've posted in the mental health section as my head is swimming right now and I'm just so frightened I've left it too late. Ideally I'd love to lose half a stone maybe even a stone in weight but I'm so afraid I've left it too late. I want to be happy on my wedding day :,( can anyone help? X x
stressball
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Urgent help needed RE weight issues and wedding a month

Postby Ticktock » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:01 am

I am assuming by this stage the wedding dress is all chosen and it is just a case of small adjustments, in that case a stone is too much, you want the dress to fit you on the day and not be stressing about looking like a sack!

Eat healthily, don't start on a crazy diet which will just create more stress for yourself, and exercise regularly, with the groom might be an idea (no not that way!), so you get a chance to talk through these worries and get him fit for the day as well.

You are who you are, and that person has found someone who loves them and wants to marry them as they are, not some past thin version of yourself.
Ticktock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Urgent help needed RE weight issues and wedding a month

Postby stressball » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 am

Hi Ticktock, thank u for replying and ur kind words. You are right, the dress has already been made but it's one of those that lace up at the back so if I lose a little weight can be pulled in if I know what I mean. After posting this last night I got into a state and my partner and I had a long conversation and he insists he loves me for who I am and if I really wanted to lose the weight I would have just done it and not just moaned about it, which he's right. He thinks I'm focussing on this 1 issue to distract myself from the actual wedding itself (he's right there) I'm always worrying what other people think of me, and if in a fat bride all I can imagine seeing is disappointment and judgement on peoples faces. O don't want to let others down and also look back at the wedding photos and kick myself for not losing weight :( I know I should eat healthily and see how it goes but I want to just stop eating altogether coz this is really taking over all thought processes I have, of course I won't but that's how I feel. I walk 3 miles a day to work and back and use wrights already so it's not like I'm sitting on the sofa constantly stuffing my face. Gahhhh it's so hard :( x
stressball
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Mental wellbeing