Grief

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Grief

Postby rufio89 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:34 pm

My Grandma passed away about 10 days ago after a short illness.

I was very fortunate in that I got to say goodbye to her and tell her I love her, and she was ready to go, she'd had enough.

I just dont know how to deal with the grief. I know you cant rush through it and you have to let yourself have time to heal but I cant bear this feeling. It just hurts so much and I miss her so so much.

I'd put it in my calendar that I was going to go and stay with her this weekend and I can just see it written there staring at me. I dont know what to do, I dont know how to get through this.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Grief

Postby captainf » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:44 pm

Sorry to hear that you're struggling.
The thing with deaths is no one can tell you how long it will take to accept it and be able to move forward. I guess that what you can do is find a friend or relative to confide in and that can offer you a shoulder when you need one. Its very hard and you will feel better in time but you just have to try your best to talk about things and not bottle it up.
You probably feel worse because you was gonna spend time with her this weekend but I think that you need to look at the positive side that you was able to talk to her before she passed away.
Maybe you can do something to commemorate her memory in some way? It might help you to move forward abit.
Also, maybe some bereavement counselling?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Grief

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:07 pm

You could still visit your grandma at her place of rest?

I do agree with Captin about the bereavment conselling it helped my Mum who got stuck at a point of mourning for 2 years
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Mental wellbeing