Terrified of going to sleep

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Terrified of going to sleep

Postby anonymous123 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:01 pm

Hello, i'm 16, and whenever i go to sleep i always have really violent nightmares about loved ones dying, and i always try to save them but i never get there in time.. please help.. :-({|=
anonymous123
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Terrified of going to sleep

Postby snail » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:26 pm

I think if they're bothering you that much, I'd ask your GP about them, and see what he or she says.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nail Queen » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:07 pm

I wonder what your routine is before going to bed, I suspect that you get yourself wound up before you get to bed because your worried about having a nightmare. If you go to bed worried about what you are going to see in your sleep then the chances are you are going to see the horrible things. I think it may help to create yourself a relaxing routine before you go to bed, maybe try having a nice bubble bath listen to some relaxing music or a relaxation tape, there are lots of breathing techniques that can help you to relax. Maybe if your mind is more relaxed and not worrying so much you will get a more peaceful nights sleep. I suffer with insomnia not the same as your nightmares but found that worrying about not sleeping made it a million times worse so my psychologist suggested some of the things I have suggested, they didn't help me straight away but given time have somewhat improved my sleep so it may be worth you giving some of the suggestions a try.
However as Snail has said if it is really troubling you it may be worth seeing your GP for some expert help

Take care
In the words of Don Mclean......
They were not listening, They're not listening still, Perhaps they never will!
Nail Queen
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:29 pm

I think you do not to go to the doctor as there may be an underlying cause. I think I may have seen it on one of those sleep programmes where people have all sorts of unusual sleep issues.
It may well be something that can be resolved. Sleep is supposed to be peaceful in the main so I would definately get checked
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Mental wellbeing