feel so low

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

feel so low

Postby madbird » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:31 pm

i feel so low and useless.. i have a lovely son and all i do is resent him at the moment, not enjoying the time i spend with
him which makes me feel like a rubbish mother.

all i do is cry and feel like ive got no one to talk to, nobody who really cares about me, even my mum is sick of me saying all i do is cry.
i spend most of my time of my own.

i am already on anti depressants but am scared of going to the doctors incase they say i cant cope and get other people involved.

i dont know what to do :cry:
madbird
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: feel so low

Postby snail » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:56 pm

What do you think it is that's making you sad, Madbird?
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby madbird » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:04 pm

i dont know really.

there a number of things not going well in my life....... no money, no job.

dont feel like ive got any real friends, people say they are for me but when it comes down to it i feel like i just get on
their nerves and they dont really want to know.
madbird
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 pm

I think you should go back to the doctor and tell them the tablets aren't working

It's much better to get it sorted than carry on like this. You say it's no fun for you but it won't be much fun for your son either and kids pick up on the moods of their carers.

It's very unlikely your son would be taken away unless you are seriously mistreating him. Being teary and moody is not a sufficient reason. Neglect and aduse will be.

Maybe a change of tablets or some conselling.

If you are still in touch with your health visitor contact her as it sounds like you may have some postnatal derpression

You are robbing yourself and your son of good quality time you can't get back.

Don't be scared. Carrying on as you must be a more scary prospect

I hope you get things sorted soon. Let us know
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby madbird » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:46 pm

my son is 4 now i was diagnosed with post natal depression and have been to counselling but ultimately happiness comes from within and i dont feel it. My son is very happy as i do a good job of hiding how i feel as i said i feel like nobody wants to know now. I have tried different tablets these worked about the best.

I am going back to the docs monday though.

Thanks for your replies.
madbird
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

I don't think it's that no one wants to know now, it's more that people get distressed that they can't help you and don't know what to do, so they are more comfortable when you don't talk about it.

If counselling didn't work for you, try another counsellor. You need to find one who's right for you - there's no one size fits all. (It's a bit like dating in that respect!).

What about signing up for a little voluntary work - good for your CV and your mood, and will help you meet people.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aguyhidingsomewhere » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi madbird how did you get on at the doctors?

I feel that you need to sit down with someone; perhaps a counsellor or just someone who is prepared to help and draw up a plan of how you're going to beat these feelings. These thoughts are just that and with some guidance you can begin to replace them with more positive ones.

You have in my eyes the most precious gift (a child) so there is everything to work for. You can and you will beat this. If you want to talk more privately you can PM if you wish.

I wish you all the best for your future.
aguyhidingsomewhere
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Mental wellbeing