Nerves

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Nerves

Postby Jonaslove » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:01 pm

I feel so ridiculous. Im going on my first ever date tonight and Im literally SICK with nerves. WHY?!!!!!
I know its only a date and its not like I have to marry the guy, and the worst thing that can happen is that we just sit in silence for ages, but I still feel sick to the stomach!
How can I stop this from happening? I would be extremely grateful for any advice!!
Jonaslove
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Nerves

Postby captainf » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:02 pm

I guess you're already on the date now judging the time. All I can say is just relax and be yourself. Take some deep breaths and remember to relax. You are just getting to know eachother so just ask questions, take an interest in eachother and see what happens :) Good luck.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Jonaslove » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:51 am

Thank you, yeah I was on it by the time you replied.
Thank you for your reply, I probably could have relaxed slightly more but on the whole it was very good haha :)
Jonaslove
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby captainf » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:59 am

Im glad it went well :) Hopefully you will be going on a second date soon? :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Jonaslove » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Thank you :) well he's gone back to uni now which is a shame, but we will definitely be meeting up as soon as he's back!
Jonaslove
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby captainf » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:12 am

Sorry to hear that he has returned to uni now but I really hope that he comes back soon and you can date him a few times and see how things go. Are you feeling more confident now?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Jonaslove » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah I hope he does too, he said he will come back for my birthday which is in a couple of weeks which Im excited about :)
Erm, I'm a little more confident about going to meet him as it went so well last time but I think my confidence in general needs some work!
Jonaslove
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Mental wellbeing