Plagued by horrible thoughts!

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Plagued by horrible thoughts!

Postby Vix1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:20 pm

For as long as I can remember I have been plagued by horrible thoughts that something terrible has happened to my loved ones. I cannot think of any event that triggered this off, but I can remember being as young as ten, my mum used to work night shifts and my Dad would go to collect her before I went to school. If they were even 5 mins late back, I would be convinced that they had, had a car accident on the way and were dead, I would end up getting myself into a right state.
I suffered the loss of 5 close family members in quite a short space of time around 15 years ago, through one illness or another, but I have been having these thoughts long before then.
Forward on 26 years and I am still the same, to the extent that my husband drives the same motorway to work about half an hour before I set off I am constnatly looking for signs of an accident involving him as I am driving along. If he doesnt reply to my messages straight away or answer my calls I think he must of had an accident at work or something. I have only told my husband about this as I feel silly telling anyone else close to me, in case they think I am mad!
Vix1
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Plagued by horrible thoughts!

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Even though you can't remember it I suspect something would have triggered this off and then the later loss of 5 family members has just made thre whole thing worse
cognitive therapy could possible help and may be worth a try
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Mental wellbeing