Can't cope

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Can't cope

Postby chosenfew » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:09 am

Hi. Iv got a two year old and and 11 week old baby. My two year old is good as gold but I can't cope with my 11 weeks olds behaviour. I kno he's a baby and it's what's to be expected but the constant crying is driving me mad. Me and their dad split not long ago so I'm now left to do it all on my own. I don't get help from anyone else apart from one friend who had his once every two weeks to give me a break whilst my DS1 is at nursery. My DS2 wants feeding every two hours from about 5am till 10pm and thsts no exaduration. He screams the house down soon as two hours is up like he's never been fed. He then winges all day soon as I wanna do anything. I listen to him cry now everytime I'm doing anything for myself. If I sat on the couch all day he wouldn't make a noise yet soon as I start to do anything the crying starts and it's driving me kinda mad. No one else has took my DS2 out for even a few hours and I need a break but with no one that cares enough to give me one and it's hard :( My DS2 wakes my DS1 up crying in the morning and also some night and it makes me mad. It just doesn't seem to be getting any better.
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Can't cope

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Couple of things to think about if you are breast feeding maybe you should try the bottle. My milk was too weak and my daughter was never satisfied. If you bottle feed maybe you need to change to hungry baby milk or the brand could be upsetting the babies stomach. Try infacol in each bottle in case it's colic.

Get one of those baby soothing noises cds and play it - you never know it could help

Your emotions will be picked up by the baby so you have to try to stay calm - I Know stupidly hard to do.

Have you also spoke to your health visitor. I think she may be able to offer some suggestions

I know you actually want a break from the kids but join any local mother baby classes so you can at least build up some freindships with others who might at least understand and can offer suggestions

Are their any parents who could help you out (his or yours), even if it's just to come sit with the baby for half hour while you have a bath

I take the father has no interest in seeing the kids?

Have a read of this - not sure if anything useful in it but everything is worth a try

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/newborn/babycrying/
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Mental wellbeing