feel alone and sad

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

feel alone and sad

Postby rebekah » Mon May 28, 2012 1:10 am

im 18 and i have just finished my first year in college and now that im finished im just sitting around my house by myself, my sister and mam are there but I never hang out with friends I feel like im socially afraid of just getting out there and having fun. I go out with friends at some weekends but when I say friends I actually feel like I don't have proper friends. None of them have contacted me at all and some dont reply to me when i chat to them on facebook or whatever. I just cried loads there cos i see people on facebook uploading pics of them and friends and i just see myself as a loser who just sits at home all day.

I have a boyfriend but he lives in another country i can only talk to him about things but I dont know whats even gonna happen to us we live seperatly :(

Isometimes think its my own fault cos i dont go out making the effort but why cant somebody text me asking do i wanna go to this place or whatever. I have this friend who i have known since primary school and we now go to college together but I dont feel that best friend bond I cant talk to her OR ANYBODY about everything except my boyfriend :( i now feel she only is 'college friends' with me cos she doesnt ask me do i wanna go places outside college i barely hear from her when college is over.

I see television programmes and theres always the happy girls with loads of close friends and its a life i want to have and i am constanlty comparing myself to EVERYBODY in terms of social life and friends.

I only tell my boyfriend my problems and this chat forum how pathetic is that I don't have open girly talks with anybody WHY AM I LIKE THIS?

I know I have wrote this in a very non formal way but I feel sad and im scared that I might be depressed. :(
rebekah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: feel alone and sad

Postby Bel Bel » Thu May 31, 2012 3:47 pm

You get out what you put in.

You need to make more effort.

As for facebook people aren't necessarily on it to reply at the time you post and then when they see your reply they may think it's no longer appropriate to reply.

Have you thought about joining some clubs or taking up some hobbies so you meet people who like the same things as you.

How about getting a part time job or doing some volunteer work.

I assume you will be going back to college so when you do arrange nights out, don't leave it to others. Try not to be offended when people can't always fit in with your diary.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: feel alone and sad

Postby rebekah » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:30 am

yeh I have no hobbies haha im too lazy to play sports I used to always but I stopped! Im feeling better about it all now I think it was just a down day, and I know I need to make the effort not just others. Im going away in about 3 weeks so I dont think any employer would wanna hirer me but once im home ill be on a job hunt :) thanks for reply
rebekah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Mental wellbeing