When to know you have Anorexia?

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

When to know you have Anorexia?

Postby itsjustme » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Probably a question most of you ask. I ask as if i am honest the thought never crossed my mind till it was brought to my attention last night in a very emotional and explosive discussion with my other half.
He said particulary over the last month i have started showing signs of Anorexia in things that i say and how i act. I was 25 stone i have lost 7 1/2 since december of last year. I want to lose more. I currently eat one meal aday on very rare occasions i do eat more. I have also gone days where i haven't eaten at all and havent noticed till a few days later. I have alot of other issues to like depression ocd ect.
I know i ahve lost 7 1/2 stone the scale tells me that but i still feel25 stone. I can't seem to adjust to my new body imiage as i can still see all the fat.
itsjustme
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: When to know you have Anorexia?

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm

I think it would be best to diarise all these thoughts and your eating pattern over a week or two and then go to the doctors to get a professional insight on it.
Losing further weight won't be a problem now but at some point the balance will tip to where it does become a problem so getting it sorted now is preferable.
Obviously if you want to lose more weight you can but it needs to be done in a slow and sensible way.
Healthy eating and healthy living for the rest of your life is the goal.
Remember not eating healthy doesn't just affect your weight it can give you serious health issues and other less serious issues such as bad breath.
If your partner is concerned I would take it seriously.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Mental wellbeing