I hit my Boyfriend

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I hit my Boyfriend

Postby Jennie_2003 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:02 am

:cry: I know it sounds really sad but i hit my Boyfriend. At first I just slapped him but just recently i started hitting him with shoes and garden chairs. Afterwards I hate myself for doing it but at the time i can't stop. It's like I am watching myself doing it. Is there any where in Manchester where I can go to get help? I can't afford to go somewhere where you have to pay though cos I don't get paid much anyway. I think it is a big step though that I actually want to stop myself. I love my Boyfriend and can't bear hurting him like this and I know if i carry on we will end up splitting up. Please help :(
"To alcohol!! The cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems!!!" - Homer Simpson
Jennie_2003
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby smile » Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:24 pm

Hi Jennie,

I'm not an expert in this field but I can tell you that you have taken the first two steps to solving your problem. You're talking to people for a start about how you feel and you also know that you need some help in dealing with the problem. So well done! I'm not sure if it's the same thing but when people cut or injure themselves they ping an elastic band around their wrists when they feel they are about to cut themselves. You could try a similar strategy. When you feel yourself lashing out, could you try to do something that prevents you from hitting your boyfriend? Perhaps like take a walk as soon as you feel like hitting him? Or just something simple like washing your hands or taking the bin out. I'm no expert at all but it might be worth a try. I'm not too sure about getting help and where to go for it but I'm sure someone else will be able to give you some info. Sorry I can't help anymore, take care.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby misatok11 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:11 am

I know quite a lot about this area. My wife used to do this to me quite a lot (garden chairs are a new one though) Is there any underlying reason you are doing this? Is it something that he is constantly doing? If so he needs to stop. My wife used to go out for a walk and go to this old tree and punch and kick it.
Most importantly talk to your boyfriend about it. He is probably scared and needs reassurance. Getting help is an excellent idea. Good luck.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jennie_2003 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:22 am

Well I used to get hit by my Dad so that might have something to do with it.
"To alcohol!! The cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems!!!" - Homer Simpson
Jennie_2003
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby misatok11 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:51 am

My wife had the same problem too. She was also abused by past boyfriends, so she feels resentment sometimes about little things i dont know i'm doing. Shes getting help for it now and it seems to be woirking.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jennie_2003 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:57 pm

I am getting a bit better now. If i feel like I am getting really annoyed I go and lock myself in the bathroom and then come out when I have calmed down. Sounds daft I know but it seems to be working!!

Thanks for everyone's support by the way. I didn't know how people on here would react. I guess it's hard to understand how a girl can beat a man up. People must think, 'Surely he can stop her?'.

Anyway I will still come on here for more suggestions on how I can stop and i will see how i am going for now.

Thanks again everyone
:D Jennie :D
Jennie_2003
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Enigma » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:10 pm

Jennie_2003 wrote:If i feel like I am getting really annoyed I go and lock myself in the bathroom and then come out when I have calmed down.

Just a shame for the rubber ducks...
:P
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Jennie_2003 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:13 am

:P :P :P
Jennie_2003
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

i hit my b/f too.

Postby lil girl » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:50 pm

:cry:
hi jennie.
i hit my boyfriend to, i started just slapping him then after a while it would start that i would elbow him and punch him, just last night i kneed him in the leg and almost hurt his penis. he calls me pshyco when i do this and that i need help deaperately. but its the things he does that annoys me. when he sees am getting angry he just keeps going on and on. until i just snap and hit him.
i also locked myself in the bath room last night, i just sit there and stare and think he must see me as a monster. its disgusting what i do.
lil girl
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby misatok11 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:13 pm

Lil Girl try talking to your BF about it, he may, like i do, not know he's doing it. How does your BF feel, if you really like him you have to understand that he may not stick with if this keeps happening. I know it's a bit of a shock to hear it, but i went through the same and when i told my wife this she stopped. Is it worth losing somebody over this...
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Alot of us out there

Postby Cat Queen » Wed May 07, 2003 5:43 pm

Hi, I also used to be very bad for striking my boyfriend when he was being nice. Seemed like I couldn`t accept compliments,still take it bad sometimes.I have got better since seeing the doctor about it, got me a councellor.Im normally a lovely,nice person, but when my lad tells me he loves me,I feel like he`s lying,Gona abuse my trust and treat me bad. But he`s not like that at all, I love him dearly :D But I still have to careful when we are rough playing, sometimes I scratch,bite and generally slap him etc. :cry: I don`t like violence.My past has affected me, past boyfriends used to lie,cheat,hit me,sometimes even rape me. Im gradually getting better.Glad your feeling better. thanx for listening, your story really hit home.XXXX :wink:
Cat Queen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dom_is_a_jew » Thu May 08, 2003 11:25 am

one of these days ure b/f is gonna get sick and tired of you hitting him and he is just gonna turn round and knock u out! be careful!
dom_is_a_jew
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Mental wellbeing