Personal Statement

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Personal Statement

Postby splodge » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:33 pm

I have to hand in a first draft of my personal statement tomorrow. I have no clue what to write. All I have written down is bullet points.

I don't even think I'm gonna get into uni as well so I don't really see the point in writing it.

Anyway, can anyone help me? Maybe give me some pointers on what to write or... anything?

Thank you xx
Slander against cats, write that down.
splodge
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Laurajane » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:47 pm

hey bullet points are ok to start off with but you need to turn them into sentences. Your personal statement is individual and unique to you so its important to get it right. Even if you do decide not to go to uni writing a personal statement will be something that will be useful to you later on in life even if you have it to look back and read- i know ive got mine and its more than 6 years later! Be positive and talk about what you have enjoyed learning, and what particular units etc you liked. If you are really struggling take what you have done in and ask for help with it- thats what the teachers are there for.
*What do sheep count when they can't sleep?!*
*Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.*
*I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.*
Laurajane
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby crazy_in_love » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:09 pm

hey i felt just like you when I was writing my personal statement, but belive me bullet points for now is good. You have something to work with, this is why you hand it in so many time because your tutor will help you to make it into sentences. Luckily you have limited space,s o you dont have to write too much. Do you know what subject you want to do. If you are nto sure what subject you are doing it makes writing it harder because you only get to write one personal statement and it goes to all unis. Pick a subject and list why you enjoy this subject, why you want to do it and where you are hoping that degree will take you.

look on www.ucas.ac.uk for all courses and more information about different courses, this may help you to decide.

Dont worry about gettin into uni, be real with yourself, if you dont think you are going to do as well as youd hoped, dont apply for unis that require AAB cuz of course they wont accept you. Jst use common sense. Trust me when you see the students during freshers weeks etc youd wonder how they managed to get into uni! Youll be able to do it, have faith in yourself.
good luck xx
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby splodge » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:55 pm

Thank you :)
Slander against cats, write that down.
splodge
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to School, College & University