Struggling

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Struggling

Postby Redshift » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Hi,

At the moment I am struggling with everything, I have got my parents on one sholder, on the other one coursework/homework, in the middle everyone eles problems + Mine, and in my heart I have got someone that I can't have and its realy bugging me,

I need help with my coursework, or get some of the other problems sorted and lose some of the extra baggage, I am coming up to my last year at school and it is killing me,

I got letter coming through the door saying I haven't done this to a satifactory standard when I am getting told my the teachers I am and this ia making my parent more annoyed, I got friends slagging each other off, It feels like my life is falling to bits and I am just running out of time to complere everything, I am spending all my waking moments either trying to do coursework, helping friend with problems letting people vent good, I even cut myself to try and escape this world and get rid of everything,

The only thing keeping me going is a person I love, and I need but she is still getting ova her ex. I need an escape, or just to get all of this jelly out of me and just concentrate on my coursework.

My life is in a shambles I have got my sister BF moving in with the family at the moment and he is so blooming negative its unbeievable. This is making my family more stressed its pulling us apart, Some Times I just want to get away from life and I got sit in my speacile place but at the moment I don't have time, I am worried at the moment that one of these days I am going to brake and fall into peices, because I feel like nothing exeot for Cathy is keeping me together with her smile and her upbeat personality.

Sorry for rambling I needed to get it off my chest
Cheer
Redshift
The Girl I Love (Avatar)

Redshift
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Brighter » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:10 pm

Please don't cut yourself, what ever you do, just don't cut yourself.

It's not the answer, and neither is keeping in all of this anger frustration sadness and longing.

Do you have a diary? Because that helps a lot, writing to some one who won't answer back or think your stupid, you can let out all of your feelings and worries about everything.

Or you could talk to your sister, she'd like the fact that you came to her for help, you don't have to tell her everything, just let her know you're struggling.

For the friends slagging each other off, is that really your problem? If your mates are going to b***h about one another just let them do it, just listen to them, but whatever you do, don't agree with them or disagree with them, because then it really is your problem. Just wait a while and they'll sort out their differences.

If coursework really is weighing you down, have a word with teachers, surely they'd be able to lighten the load? And if they don't try and help you out, ask your parents to lay off, and tell them your trying your best. They may not like the way you say it to them at first, but they'd understand that your under A LOT of pressure.

If Cathy is the only thing that is keeping you going, just try and think of her when you're upset, it will help you through a lot if you remember that after all of this madness you will finally get her.

You're entering the most important year of your life (but i guess you know that already) so you have to calm down and look at everything around you, if you really don't want you're friends throwing their problems at you, then tell them to stop for a moment. They will get narky, but if you explain to them whats going on they'll understand and forgive you.

BiChemical

.: Sometimes, Something We Pursue Most Passionately, Is Only A Substitute For The Thing We Really Want And Can’t Have :.

Edited by LME
Please do not swear in the forums
Last edited by Brighter on Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brighter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:32 am

Hunni please don't cut yourself. Im a cutter and i know how it makes you feel.. im desperatly trying to stop. Please don't get yourself into that cycle.

I agree with what BiChemical said about a diary, sometime it helps to right all your feelings down, even if you just rip it up or burn it afterwards.

Try not to get involved with the situation with your friends. Find some new people to hang out with until things calm down a bit.

Sorry if i havent been much of a help
Hope things get better soon

luv Jess xx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Please don't cu yourself!

Postby Janice » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:08 pm

I am sorry to hear that you have problems and was feeling very frustrated. I wil try my best to help you.
First of all, stop hurting yourself. If you do so, others may think that you are a bad person and become unwilling to help you. If you don't mind that, think about Cathy, will she like(or even fall in love with) a person if he doesn't know how to value himself?
On the other hand, you said that you have problems with your cousework. I am sorry that I can't help that much, but I can provide you a web site which is very useful: www.Wikipedia.org I always make use of it to do my projects.
The most important is: Never lose hope! Pls remember that.
I wish that helps a bit
Janice
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby xbeanbabyx » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:17 pm

Hey
Sorry to here about your problems.
Don't worry about coursework! I am so many months late handing my coursework in and they haven't done anything to me! HHE even provided me a laptop tp help me get it all done lol But I've lost the thing that connects something so it's going to be even more delayed... Just ask your teacher/s for help! They will help you if you ask! If not maybe you could ask for a little more time because you having lots of stressful problems and the moment and it's not a good time, then you can do it at your own pace. You can always re-take any exams you do, so don't worry about it! --Well that's with GSCE's, don't know about A levels.

Do not cut yourself, what will it solve? If you have to relieve stress, punch a pillow, go for a walk, do something creative! Anything unharmful! Jess has already said how much she regrets it and how hard it is to stop so that's a HUGE warning sign 'cause she's been there!

The diary is a fantastic idea! If you can not be bothered to write one...you can always message me with anything, I like trying to help people.

Just go in your room, or where no one else can go when you feel yourself getting stressed, it will calm you down. Especially with your parents and sister's boyfriend.

Don't stop talking to your friends, they will keep you going. If you don't talk to people you will end up more depressed. Change the subject if you are not willing to gossip, or just say you don't want to talk about them at the moment.

Don't do anything rash x Just think of Cathy xXx Remember everything will be fine in time so don't worry x x x
xbeanbabyx
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Stop that!

Postby Janice » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:07 am

I don't agree with xbeanbabyx about the point of "don't worry about your cousework". I don't think you should forget about your cousework. Running away from problem is not a way to solve it. Problems are like a thorn on your hand, stop looking at it will not make your pain stop. The only way to cure it is to pull it out, though painful, but good for you. Equally, I think you should think of a way to solve it, such as giving up some of your activities for a short time, this will make you easier to concentrate.
Also, if you study in my school and you delate your homework for a month or so, our teacher will send you to detention class. You can only leave the school after you have finished your work. One of my classmates had an experience of staying at school until 8:00pm for that! Although I don't know if your teacher in your school will do that to you, I just want you to think about that twice!
Janice
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby xbeanbabyx » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:09 pm

I didn't mean don't do it, i ment just pace it, like maybe only do an hour a day or something. Maybe I worded it kinda wrong...
xbeanbabyx
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to School, College & University