School project

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

School project

Postby netballluva » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:53 pm

we found out recently that we all have do do our own project on whatever we like.
Problem number 1 - i cant think of what to do it on! i want to be able to do something that could get me a good mark but also something that i understand!
Problem number 2 - We have to do a presentation just before christams. We have to present it to the class which is a huge problem for me as i get soooo nervous and i have NO confidence at all. i know it sounds like a silly problem but i just thought that somebody could help me with it :oops: xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby xxDougie-Tylerxx » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:44 pm

i have had stupid things like that,
and if you can't think of ideas just ask about what your friends are doing, it normnally helps you think of what you can do :]
im not saying copy of them, but just borrow a few of there ideas.

or browse the net for ideas
if you get really stuck ask your teacher ;]
they love to help (unless you have a horrible one, in that case to go to your form tutor or summit they will probably help)

and for the confidence thing
if your not first, sounds like a nasty thing, but mentaly pick at the people before you, and think how yours will be better :]
and don't look into peoples eyes, because it will make u go all red n stuff :)
look at something on the wall (but not at your fee)
if its marked for your presentational skills,
use your hands or summit
it makes you look confident if you try to express yourself with them
it actually makes it easier :)
helps the adrenline rush not freeze you up, but rather take action in your arms

but yeah, hope that helped :]
if not sorry :P
xxDougie-Tylerxx
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Moose » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:06 pm

Hi netballluva,

So you can do a project on anything in the whole entire world?! What subject is it for?

I'm guessing you like netball (your name gave it away! :P ) so have you thought about doing a project on that sport? When you come to do your presentation, you're going to feel a lot more confident if you're talking about something you know inside out, rather than something you've had to research from scratch.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby peecee » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:21 pm

Yes, as Moose said, definitely do it on something you really like. You're going to get a good mark anyway!

Why?

When I did mine, it was about cats. :roll: I was so shy that, if I could have stood outside the classroom and shouted through the door, I would have. The class knew that, so did the teacher, and they made allowances. As XXD-TXX advised, I didn't make much eye contact, but I put enthusiasm into my voice, trying to interest people in moggies. #-o And nobody killed me.

The boy everybody fancied did a presentation about the Battle of Hastings. We all fell asleep through it, but everybody liked him, so he got a good mark too.

See, you don't need to agonise about something that will get you good marks (like what? The future of the UK into the next millennium?). You need to think of something that YOU find interesting, and make it SOUND as if you find it interesting. How hard is that, sweet pea?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby netballluva » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:00 pm

Yeah thanks everyone some great ideas ya have there :D i think i will do it about netball as it is something iknow inside out lol! thanks n ill let you lot know how it goes :D xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby silver tree » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:53 am

Use props or pictures it keeps everyone interested and makes the presentation more lively.

For netball you could have a netball and demonstrate the different grips for the different passes and why and when they are used etc. Get a mate to be your live 'stick figure' to do the demonstrations for you.

Good luck - you'll feel great after its done!
silver tree
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby fencepost » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:03 pm

have you ever tried any style of danceing i do ballroom and latin and i found that my confidence soared within a couple of months.
fencepost
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby netballluva » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:44 pm

Thanks for your replys everyone :D No i havent ever tried dancing! Sounds good though... i might try it! :D xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to School, College & University