college problem please help

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

college problem please help

Postby _Pixie89_ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:39 pm

my problem is since i started back at college in september, ive had issues being in college, or with the people i share a class with, and the teachers. i cant stand being there any more. last year i was fine being there, until the vry end, but then i had the summer holidays to sort everything out. ever since i got bvack, the lecturers have been horrible to anyone who isnt really smart or really confident, and as i am not any of them, she directs most her negative attention towards me. she's said in the past that my work bores her, when i did what she told me to do, which i found highly unfair. most people wouldnt agree with me because as i said above she's really nice to the smart and confident people. it affects how i work, it affects the amount of work i create and the standard of it. it's making me think of switching courses and colleges because of this negative attention.

also the people last year that i hung around with are now highly competitive. it is meant to be like that, but not to the extent that you sneer at peoples work, and say that they dont see how their piece will work, or show off that they've done more work. it's meant to be teamwork for the whole class, if someone needs help, peopel are meant to help, not just say "is that ALL you've done?!". it's really bad, and it makes me feel like the worst person in the world.
could someone help me please? all this is affecting everything, my work, my sleep, my eating, i even dream about failure in my dreams, and how the people in college are manipulating me.
the only person i have spoken to about any of this thats effecting me is my boyfriend, as he's always trying to help me.

any help will be highly appreciated, as i am in desperate need of help in this situation. what should i do?
sarah x
I still believe it when you say it's another perfect day ...
_Pixie89_
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby kacie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:56 pm

Last edited by kacie on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kacie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Jo troupette » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:14 pm

hey hey,
You seem very worried about it, and dont be, because there is always a solution, even if it doesn't seem it.

Your tutor, howeverm seems very, very unfair, and unprofessional, at that. It's not fair for you to be picked out from the rest like that, and if it's affecting your education,like u say it is, then it needs to change (as you know!)

I don't know if anything has changed from your last post, or if this is too late, but definitely try talking to another tutor one-on-one and make sure they do something about it. If that fails, change course or even college. I know it's a lot of hastle, and a big move, but you need your experience from college for the rest of your life, as I'm sure you know, so it's worth doing anything to make it right. Good luck.

Keep us posted.
xoxox
Chin up!
Jo
We have two ears, one for hearing and one for actually listening. Remember, chin up and just keep smiling! :-)
Jo troupette
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby _Pixie89_ » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:32 pm

thanks for the replies :) i spoke to her about the situation and ive just seen a councellor which helped and i dont have to see the councellor she said if i dont need to only if i feel i cant cope. it has helped, and thanks for the advice :) highly appreciated!
I still believe it when you say it's another perfect day ...
_Pixie89_
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby black_rose07 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:38 am

Okay.
I know you may find this difficult; but you need to speak to your course tutors. If it's getting to you so much that you want to leave the course, something needs to be done. Maybe your tutors don't understand what they are doing, but their positive attitude towards the most clever people, and negative towards the end of the group effects the way the people in the class are. A little competition is usually healthy and good fun, it's not fair that people are acting in such a manner. If you don't feel you can speak to your tutors, try talking to a parent and ask if they could have a quick word. Like I said, they may not realise they're doing it.
Hope I helped,
Hayley
xxxx

(Merry Christmas)
black_rose07
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to School, College & University