IMPORTANT

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

IMPORTANT

Postby Amethyst » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:24 pm

:o
Last edited by Amethyst on Tue May 29, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amethyst
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby crazy_in_love » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:36 am

hey I have no idea about art but ill try to help!!! Im guessing tha they ask for sketchbooks knowing that they wont be great, in terms of neatness etc, isnt that why its called a sketchbook? So they ask for recent art, so the 2004 stuff wont be any good witl it? Maybe get someone to look at your work and get them to pick out the best ones for you? the fact that you have an interview, means they are at least interested!!! Try not to worry, you can only do your best. good luck! I hope i helped at least a little bit :)
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby mollym » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:08 am

Hi i don't know if You've had your interview yet i'd just noticed this now. I graduated two years ago but i can tell you what i put in mine. I did put in my most recent work and even pieces that weren't finished yet to explain what i was doing. I wouldn't put in anything that you really dislike as they expect you to talk about your work enthusiastically. Don't worry about the sketch books the strange thing is every interview i had they all like the pieces that i'd done quickly that i considered messy. You should be able to talk about who inspires you and if it was anything like my foundation course what you are thinking of specializing in. I also felt like they already knew from my application and grades that they had already made up their minds before i went in there but that may just have been my experience i just found they were very quick looking through for my foundation interview and even tho i got in i still cried when i came out because she was so critical and quick to go through something i'd spent hours on. I've found a lot of my tutors to be very critical but i think thats just the way it goes when It's a subject based entirely on opinion. If they are like that don't be put off the woman who interviewed me was actually lovely when she was my tutor but she always told me what she thought which was sometimes hard to swallow! I tried to group my portfolio so it kind of ran like a story so the pieces that linked together were placed together so it was easy for me to explain my ideas and what i wanted to achieve with it. Good luck hope it goes well!
mollym
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to School, College & University