GSCE's Urrgh!!!!!

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

GSCE's Urrgh!!!!!

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:03 pm

Ok, so I'm in my final year of school and yesterday one of my teachers completely freaked me out by saying that we have about 8 weeks left and i am just so worried. It scares me to think that my life as a kiddie-wink is almost over - if not already.

Course work is piled up to high heaven and it has to be in in about 3 weeks and i know i wont be able to finish it. I don't understand a word half of my teachers say anymore, and my parents are piling up so much pressure on me that i feel like i could just topple over! True, it is unintencinal of them, but that kind of makes it worse, 'cos when i tell them what they are doing they just deny it.

Sorry, this isn't so much as a problem, just me ranting...
x-STW-x
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby luvva » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:40 pm

The best thing to do is to try and calm down a bit. This time in high school is a bit hectic, but you'll be fine!

Try to set a schedule for your coursework to help you get it done in time. You could always ask for extra help from teachers too, don't be afraid to ask.

It's a good idea to start making a few notes now too, so when it comes to revising, it's easier and less stressful. Just make sure you give yourself breaks and do other things as well, working yourself too hard wont help.

Good Luck!
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby aimee47 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:55 pm

I feel the same as you do, and I sure almost every other year 11 feel the same this time of year. My mums piling on the pressure too, but it only because their want us to do well in the GCSE’s. Just stick in and get the work done, and I’m sure you’ll be alright. Work out which coursework has to be in first and made a start on that one first, and just go from there to try and get it all done in time.

Good luck.
xxx
aimee47
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby fairy of darkness » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:08 pm

I feel like that too.... i only have 4 weeks of school left. then i'm out of compulsary education for good. I am terrified about my GCSE's as i have a habit of letting myself down.... just to continue on Somethings Totally Wrong's rant.

F.O.D
xxxx
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby crazy_in_love » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:52 am

ah you guys honestly dont worry, i felt the same as you did honest. I bet you plan on going to college? when you get there youll realise GCSE's mean nothing its just a stepping stone. Then nce you get to uni you realise A levels mean nothing. do you see the pattern. once its all over honeslty youll look back and laugh at yourselves and think what was i worried about that was nothing!! It is a bit depressing when you realise school is finished but believe me the fun is just beginning, college and uni are a blast believe me!
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby monkeystar » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:12 pm

DONT WORRY!!!!
im in final year as well and ive got a million exams too! everyone is piling pressure on me just like they are with you!
my mum is tryin to help take off some of the pressure she's puttin me under by giving my calm-down pills (they work apparently but not got them yet). my boss at work (only a part time job) said i shouldnt worry, he didnt and he got all A*s (hes 22 now) he said if you worry you panic and everything just leaves your mind and at the end of the day they're only GCSEs, they get you into college but no were else in life, its your A levels that really matter.
hope that helps a little
monkeystar
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby streetglow_cruiser » Mon May 21, 2007 2:09 pm

i have found that GCSE's are over hyped...thanx to the media and teachers they think if they don't get great marks it's the end of their life...it's not. i only got 1B and 4C's and now i'm an I.T. technition on a very reasonable wage! i don't think i have used much from my GCSE's and i know i've only got the certifficates out or listed about 3 times.
don't worry, just take your time, relax and just believe in yourself. at the end of the day...if you try your hardest, that's all that matters.
"C'est français, c'est cliquetis....comprendre ca!"
streetglow_cruiser
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby GurlRock » Thu May 24, 2007 10:29 am

I'm in the same position as you.

I'm worried, but looking forward to college. It will be a nice change in environment.
POWW
GurlRock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby spacegirl » Fri May 25, 2007 12:45 am

obviously try your best at your GCSEs... but they're not the be all and end all. once you get through gcse and ito a-level no-one will ever mention them again lol! i got 10 A*s, and that was never mentioned again after results day haha! same for when you finish a-level and start uni. no-one asks what you got in your a-levels. all i'm trying to say is don't stress yourself out too much. you've plenty of chances ahead of you to be successful, as streetglow says they're over-hyped. young people are under too much stress these days. just do your best and don't beat yourself up too much.
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby spacegirl » Fri May 25, 2007 12:48 am

ps. you leaving school is a big step, but college is such an amazing time. i just finished university, and i'm sooooo gonna miss being a student, just be glad you have all that to look forward to! i'm jealous! :lol:
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby monkeystar » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:00 pm

just wondering, how did u get on in ur gcses?

i got 1 A, 7 Bs, a C and a D in an early AS level!
monkeystar
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby liberalleague » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:21 pm

Oh sounds like you did well! My GCSEs were a few years ago, but I believe I got 2 As, 5 Bs, 2 Cs, and a D. Not too bad if I may say so myself.
liberalleague
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Xpose soph 07 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:16 pm

Please dont stress about GCSE's!!!!

Obviously try ur best, but dont worry about them to much, I did them years ago now, and there really not as importent as you wud think they are!!!

Just try ya best thats all ya can do!!!!!
Xpose soph 07
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Moose » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:40 pm

Please note that this topic was started in March, and something_totally_wrong has now done her GCSEs.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to School, College & University