rant - stress

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

rant - stress

Postby Jess1234 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:39 am

Recently i have become really stressed out about work and deadlines etc... all my work seems to come at once and has to be in for the next day or the next couple of days. To make it worse i have an english commentary due in, in 10minutes but i have lost my USB pen and with it my whole commentary. Normally i back things up on my computer and my friends computer as well but this time i forgot and now i have to re-write the whole thing! Not sure why im posting but it feels good just to rant.

Jess xx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby nothings_shocking » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:44 pm

Awwww hun. I understand how you feel. When i was in my seocnd year of colelge i got very stressed, worried about everything. Like yourself we had work piled on us one week and nothing the next week. If it's not possible to do it by that deadline talk to your tutors the day you get it and ask for an extention? That's what happened when i was at college. They are ok if you dont leave it until the last minute to ask for a deadline to b moved.
If you wanna chat anytime feel free to pm me :)
take it easy
x x x
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby clobo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:17 pm

Been there! In my final year of Uni I was in the middle of writting my 10,000 work thesis! I had been on it all day and my comp crashed and I lost everything I had written that day! Needless to say I wasn't very happy but I just had a mass rant at myself at home, calmed down and did it again! It actually turned out better than the original! Deadlines can be stressfull but if you pace yourself and organise you will be fine! Good luck!
:)clobo:)

clobo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby chat noir » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:30 pm

clobo wrote:Been there! In my final year of Uni I was in the middle of writting my 10,000 work thesis! I had been on it all day and my comp crashed and I lost everything I had written that day! Needless to say I wasn't very happy but I just had a mass rant at myself at home, calmed down and did it again! It actually turned out better than the original! Deadlines can be stressfull but if you pace yourself and organise you will be fine! Good luck!

Im doing my dissertation now and am frantically saving every time I write a chunk! I lost my chapter 3 last night, nearly had a seizure until I found it!
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Wild Sage » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:43 pm

must be as bad as my computer that had three years of work on it suddenly decideing to crash and wipe that folder from my hard disk along with many other important folders.
Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
By strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
And when the borders bleed we watch with dread
The lines of ink across the map turn red.
Wild Sage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Jess1234 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:21 am

I finally got my commentary re-written, i didnt find my USB. I now have two days to write to rough draft of a 2000 word essay and i havent finished researching it yet! I don't think i'm every going to get it done :(
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to School, College & University